+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: 5400 health, dismounted by a 20pt sanction heretic from a lvl 13 tree

Rift Disciple

Thumbs down 5400 health, dismounted by a 20pt sanction heretic from a lvl 13 tree

Just wrong.

110% mount.

So wrong on so many levels.
    Last edited by mynameistaken; 08-30-2011 at 12:47 AM.

RIFT Community Ambassador Talila's Avatar

If someone destroys one of your legs, would you be able to keep on running? The rest of you can be fine, and you can be like a survivor man and everything, but I doubt you'll be able to keep on running. Same goes for your mount.
    It's perfectly fine to get dismounted now and then. And since they tweaked it it's become much better, as a level 50 you have to almost deliberately run through the mobs before they bother biting your mount's legs.
    If we could just run over mobs carelessly the game wouldn't be realistic.
    And at least it's not slowing us down anymore!
    I went off to FFXIV. Here's my blog.

stop running into mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by mynameistaken View Post
    Just wrong.

110% mount.

So wrong on so many levels.
    Achilles' heel

Champion

If you wouldn't get experience from killing it, it shouldn't attack first.

Quote Originally Posted by Daysy View Post
    That is a conclusion pulled out of the nethers.

You are basing this on other games, those other games are not the rule.

FWIW, take a look at the LotRO forums, you will see thread after thread of people complaining why grey mobs ignore them, immersion breaking. As it happens, my answer to them was to explain that the threat had already been dealt with, they were there only for people not beyond that point in the game.

That fits to how that game was designed regarding grey mobs.

In Rift, while we have the opposite happening, my answer is different, Rift is designed differently, the mobs are still present as the Rifts and cults are still live, and still a threat, although for leveling purposes, not as much of a threat.

Different games, different mechanics, different rules. We play monopoly with monopoly rules, not cludo rules.

Because a wolf or goblin definitely have the brains to distinguish someone who is around their strength.

Telaran

There's a lot of people in this thread using real world physics and explanations to determine whether or not you should be dismounted.

PLEASE stop using these arguments. This is not the real world. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurtdh View Post
    There's a lot of people in this thread using real world physics and explanations to determine whether or not you should be dismounted.

PLEASE stop using these arguments. This is not the real world. Thanks!
    youre right. by that logic, youre never right to suggest to change the game, because its a game, and it makes sense in the game because its in the game. wait i think i confused myself... lets try again. you cant compare it to a real scenario because its not real. you also cant say its wrong in game because its not real, so any made up scenario can be plausible with imagination.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Talila View Post
    If someone destroys one of your legs, would you be able to keep on running? The rest of you can be fine, and you can be like a survivor man and everything, but I doubt you'll be able to keep on running. Same goes for your mount.
    It's perfectly fine to get dismounted now and then. And since they tweaked it it's become much better, as a level 50 you have to almost deliberately run through the mobs before they bother biting your mount's legs.
    If we could just run over mobs carelessly the game wouldn't be realistic.
    And at least it's not slowing us down anymore!
    Walk away from the computer if you want realistic. I play games so I can do **** I can't in real life.. like kill people. It's annoying to get dismounted by lvl 5 mobs. Just take it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Khemicals View Post
    Walk away from the computer if you want realistic. I play games so I can do **** I can't in real life.. like kill people. It's annoying to get dismounted by lvl 5 mobs. Just take it out.
    So you are saying in RL you get dismounted by lvl 5 mobs?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Anuhart View Post
    So you are saying in RL you get dismounted by lvl 5 mobs?
    Honestly, If I was riding a horse and a lvl 5 bear (probably at least 100 lbs) rammed into me and my horse, I'd probably fall off.. yes.
    Role playing is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Khemicals View Post
    Honestly, If I was riding a horse and a lvl 5 bear (probably at least 100 lbs) rammed into me and my horse, I'd probably fall off.. yes.
    Ok, you are you in game, on your horse and lvl 5 mobs dismount you.

That's right then, because you are you, after all "Role playing is stupid" innit?

You can still get loot from them though. Worthless for your level yeah ok, but loot all the same.

It would be pretty boring at 50 for everything that didn't grant experience to just let you pass imo.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Champion of Telara Elric-merren's Avatar

If mobs could nto dismount you unless they were equal to or above your level, then we should just turn the game into a lobby game sicne then you would have peole just mount and ride to which ever spot they were doing thigns in or exploring. That is almost the same as having a game where you sit about talking till you que or zone into the area you want to be in. That is one lazy gaming mentality, and two that is immersion defeating since even if the mob could tell you are more powerful the beings that rold them to take you down are stronger still. I wouold do what they large dragonic thign told me over fearing you might thump me with your weaponn, since what would that dragonic thign do to me for disobeying.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast