+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: WTB more role slots!

Default WTB more role slots!

As a rogue this really sucks, and it must be worse for classes like clerics who have even more viable builds for different roles.

1) Solo farming spec
    2) Melee DPS
    3) Ranged DPS
    4) Bard
    5) Tank

Two more would be nice, so I could have a couple of PVP specs to choose from. Maybe one extra after that so I can have a spare slot for messing around trying new builds without ruining my oEither that, or I have to drop some of my other specs restrict the roles I can fulfil for my guild, which seems counter to the whole ethos of the game. And it's not just multi-role classes - one of our warriors has four different tank specs...

I second this. Make it stupidly expensive so it's a big decision, but at least give us the option. Warriors need at least two tanking specs, then you have DPS and PvP, along with various roles to fit certain gear.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Lande View Post
    I second this. Make it stupidly expensive so people have an even bigger reason to buy plat online, but at least give us the option. Warriors need at least two tanking specs, then you have DPS and PvP, along with various roles to fit certain gear.
    Fixed that. On a more serious note, I'm all for it. And roles 6 and 7 should just scale up like the frist 5 did, which would make them stupidly expensive.
    I'm wearing my asbestos underwear. Flame on!
    Quote Originally Posted by mo0trix View Post
    So buy a keyboard that lets you assign macros....

I've played since launch and I don't mind pressing a line of buffs... repetitive, sure... but so is masturbation... still we keep doing it.

/signed

Many people have asked for this alongside weapon wardrobes.

For a game that has so many soul combinations and wants people to supposedly do pvp where other games scared people off, having to keep respeccing is not the best. 10 roles would help a lot. Maybe then you dont' have to write down and try to remember all the builds you were testing.

Take a page out of the book of awesomeness that is Guildwars and just let us save role templates that we can switch betweena s frequently as we want with no cost and no limit. kthxbai.

Rift Disciple

you do realize if going with the current progression on price for roles slots your multiplying by about 5 every time ... so a 6th role slot would be 525p ... and a 7th would be 2625 .... i think thats a little expensive

though i would love extra role slots, just don't see why they gotta be so expensive

People have bee asking for this for a while, I have 5 and need 2-3 more O_O .. on my main.
    Hoss

I'd prefer that they give us 2 more role slots, but keep the price at 100p per role from then on.

/signed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    Your opinion is wrong and you should feel bad for sharing it with the world.
    11/11 HK(World top 10), 4/4 ROTP, Greenscale/RoS Current-Content Conqueror, GP Cleared, TDH Cleared.

Prestige Rank 8 in a weekend baby.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by JimboTCB View Post
    As a rogue this really sucks, and it must be worse for classes like clerics who have even more viable builds for different roles.

1) Solo farming spec
    2) Melee DPS
    3) Ranged DPS
    4) Bard
    5) Tank

Two more would be nice, so I could have a couple of PVP specs to choose from. Maybe one extra after that so I can have a spare slot for messing around trying new builds without ruining my oEither that, or I have to drop some of my other specs restrict the roles I can fulfil for my guild, which seems counter to the whole ethos of the game. And it's not just multi-role classes - one of our warriors has four different tank specs...
    What I would prefer is that there was only one soul and players had to think about the character they develop instead of being a jack of all trades at the flick of a switch. Personally I think your idea is very poor and will further degrade the game. But saying that, the creators like to make the game ever more easy so what ever. Probably in the next patch along with insta 50 chars for sale and fluffy blue mounts you can buy from the new token system from the TRION store in game.
    Last edited by Ajhal; 08-28-2011 at 02:02 PM.

Thing is if they do this then player x would want 2 more, and player b would want 2 more after that. So where would it end?
    Rules do not exist to bind us. They exist so you may know your freedoms.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajhal View Post
    What I would prefer is that there was only one soul and players had to think about the character they develop instead of being a jack of all trades at the flick of a switch. Personally I think your idea is very poor and will further degrade the game. But saying that, the creators like to make the game ever more easy so what ever. Probably in the next patch along with insta 50 chars for sale and fluffy blue mounts you can buy from the new token system from the TRION store in game.
    Adds variety to the game...also the soul system was one of the selling points of the game.
    Hoss

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Ominith View Post
    you do realize if going with the current progression on price for roles slots your multiplying by about 5 every time ... so a 6th role slot would be 525p ... and a 7th would be 2625 .... i think thats a little expensive

though i would love extra role slots, just don't see why they gotta be so expensive
    So Trion can sell more plat under the guise of hackers and pharmers.

I've played since launch and I don't mind pressing a line of buffs... repetitive, sure... but so is masturbation... still we keep doing it.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Jaelon View Post
    So Trion can sell more plat under the guise of hackers and pharmers.
    Except plat is easy to farm in this game and has very limited practical applications outside of the new crafted gear and raid consumables, hence your entire argument is moot.
    Last edited by Vocalhealspam; 08-28-2011 at 04:32 PM.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Vocalhealspam View Post
    Except plat is easy to farm in this game and has very limited practical applications outside of the new crafted gear and raid consumables, hence your entire argument is moot.
    My "argument" was a joke, but in the context of the thread, hardly moot. Oh wait, you used the word hence. Nvm, you win.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ajhal View Post
    I agree, its unfortunate that the actual effect on the game has been to severely diminish the potential unique feel of a character. I think that in the end it will be one of the big flaws in the game that dramatically reduces its lifespan unfortunately.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast