+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vanity pet suggestion

Plane Touched

Default Vanity pet suggestion

Here is the suggestion--- No longer make them vanity pets. But leveled pets that can level with you. Each pet is like a summon which if killed one must wait an hour or so before summoning the pet again. Each pet will do things like it might be a damage enhancer. One might heal you and give a beneficial aura, one one might heal you and give a debuff to enemies around it.

I say this because people having vanity pets soaking up aoe heals and aoe damage and the random tab targets. Now I have seen and commented about nerfing vanity pets and I laugh every time I read the posts about fluffy needing a nerf.

But in all serious I think something that would be refreshing is that vanity pets are now useful. It would also mean people would like to collect them. And its not like Oh I don't have this pet I am screwed... these pets would be useful but not game breaking useful.

And could a moderator move this to the suggestions part of the general forum--- thanks much.
    Last edited by Malagus; 08-27-2011 at 09:52 PM.

No! this will be hell in Dungeons, Raid and WF.
    Hoss

Quote Originally Posted by malagus View Post
    and could a moderator move this to the suggestions part of the general forum--- thanks much.
    [moved...]

Ascendant

no ...

I would hate to be in a situation where I was refused entry into a dungeon run group because I didn't own the pet at the skill level they wanted. It would become another piece of armor/buff that, if you were lacking, could be more of a damage to your experience.

I can see the 50chat now. "LFM for expert Darkening Deeps. Need one DPS. PST with current gear level and pet."

Just no.

EDIT to add: Vanity pets were in the AOE heals by accident. They have been fixed with a recent hot fix. Same goes for the tab targeting.
    Last edited by Milyssa; 08-28-2011 at 06:37 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Milyssa View Post
    no ...

Just no.

EDIT to add: Vanity pets were in the AOE heals by accident. They have been fixed with a recent hot fix. Same goes for the tab targeting.
    I can't tell you how many vanity pets I vexed in warfronts. It was a cheap defense, but people were exploiting it while they could.

Although wow did make one vanity pet give you a buff! Like -10 to all stats or something like that! Nice little slime, that was.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Randhi View Post
    I can't tell you how many vanity pets I vexed in warfronts. It was a cheap defense, but people were exploiting it while they could.

Although wow did make one vanity pet give you a buff! Like -10 to all stats or something like that! Nice little slime, that was.
    One of the funniest things Ive ever encountered was in the WF Steppes warfront. Some defiant was running into the guardian base, I tab targeted her, but got her cat instead and killed it. I was like YEA, I killed your cat! (did /sh) She turned around, and let off a big nuke and owned me..I literally choked from laughter.

+ Reply to Thread