+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: 2 Dynamic New Races

Default 2 Dynamic New Races

Well i at least hope they are
    I recently posted something quite similar yesterday on this forum, but i decided to get creative and actually draw the 2 new races i came up with (1 for each faction)
    I realise that it will be a while until they put an expansion out... but why not let them put our ideas into the books?
    I think that we can all come up with creative new ideas that are fresh from any other MMORPG.
    lets forget orcs.. and i know gnomes would make a good defiant race.. but it has already been done (unless of course it kicks butt anyway.. i sure like gnomes )

I have come up with 2 new races. Here are the links to the drawings i have done.
    Note: i cannot draw hands or feet (paws) and i can only draw females lol. Also i can't come up with a name for the guardins, so excuse it for the time being

Defiant: http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/...h/IMGP0001.jpg
    Guardian: http://i1233.photobucket.com/albums/...IMGP0002-1.jpg

Defiants:Naki
    I picked the name Naki as it resembles their reptilian like features.

Features:
    .body shape- slim build for female, muscular/slim for males
    .Hair: panning towards more of the shorter lengths out of the races, but quirky. can pick any colour of the spectrum.
    .Eyes: cat like, with a slit pupil. any colour of the spectrum
    .Skin colour: from green-grey (maybe lavender too). scaly-like skin (but not horrible looking)
    .Assests: human like face, with human ears, nose, mouth. Has a long sleek tail, long slim neck. dynamic markings, especially on the face. slim eyebrows. Males don't have facial hair to chose from, but can pick from horn like spikes to compensate for facial hair.
    (think like mistique from xmen)

Racial Ability:
    .can breath under water
    .10+ water resist 10+ air resist

History
    The Naki do not come, or have any relation to Telara, but they have been allies of the Bahmis ancestors who lived in harmony with the Naki centuries ago.
    They have come to Telara to help the defiants with the invasions as the alliance have been kept alive. The Naki are also talented creatures when it comes to aspects of technology and put in their 2cents when it comes to new creations for the Defiants.
    Their habitat is under the water and on land (think crocs).

Guardians: Valamora because the valmera are their ancient grandfather.

Features:
    . Body shape- females are curvy, males are solid
    .height: tall
    . skin: furry in some parts. Colour of the skin and fur are warm tones like light warm orange-light brown.
    .Eyes: one solid colour, Neutral colour spectrum. Eyebrows are distinctive and have particular patterns the others dont
    Hair: longer than the other races, but have options for tied up hair if you prefer short hair. Colour is neutral tones.
    .face: human like face, human ears, human lips. Nose like a velmera, but smaller.
    body: human like everywhere, except when it comes to the legs and feet it goes slightly furry with paws for feet and legs that look close to the valmera, except the knees (?) are up higher so it looks in proportion
    .Assests: Horns on the head, fox like tail, paws for feet, patterns on the neck.

Racial Ability:
    .movement speed increases to 90% for 3 seconds
    .10+ death resist 10+ fire resist

History
    I am having a bit of trouble with this one, because i would like at least for both the races to have a connection to the planars somehow, or to the history of talera.
    I was trying to find things out about the valmeras. I know some people may think that it is weird that a relation to the mount, is riding the mount.. but i thought about these 2 things.
    1.what mmo has a race that is related to its mount
    2. the velmera were considered to be very holy and "high class" to the gods/guardians.
    to answer your question if it a cross between a human and a valmera.. in a way, yes... but not how you think. Really it is a cross between a god and a valmera. Over time when the planes of telara were becoming over shadowed by invasions the guardians needed some way of being able to defeat them. The valmera were considered holy sacred mounts that carried the might of the guardians with grace. They slowly merged as one so that melee, spell power, healing etc was able to hppen.
    I really just made that up on the spot :P

Anyway.. i hope you like them because i put in heaps of effort

Before the haters arrive, I would like to say I like it.
    Last edited by Lande; 08-24-2011 at 05:38 PM.

No. I want a blue dragon for guardians and a red dragon for defiants. We shall name them Heffalumps and Woozels.

PS> You like tails eh?
    Last edited by Greatorex; 08-24-2011 at 05:41 PM.
    < Invictus >
    Nerissa - Cenii - Nausicaa - Elix
    Cleric - Warrior - Mage - Rogue
    Icewatch EU

thank you very much

i don't worry about haters.. i would like to see them come up with their own creative ideas?

Thank you for the warning anyway

tails are awesome

not sure how they would be in a game.. could be tricky?

but i thought you would say tweedle dee and tweedle dum :P

Well this can be red for defiants with a little spanner or something above its head, but I was thinking more like ...

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/5...lumpwoozel.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    < Invictus >
    Icewatch EU

^ Even has a tail.
    < Invictus >
    Icewatch EU

thats hot

Good job I do like the defiant one but a slightly longer face/nose would be awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSquirrel View Post
    but, but...games are serious business!!!
    People need to realize that games are meant for fun. If you don't like a game then move on. Save your rage and qq for real issues.

Interesting ideas. Was wondering, why does the reptilian race have hair? Not saying they shouldn't, just my personal preference for reptilian races to have fins, horns, spikes, or crests instead of hair. Perhaps they could have both? (i.e. some of the 'hairstyles' are not hair at all, but rather horns, spikes, fins, or crests) If that's a no-go, that's cool. I still like 'em.

Also, could you perhaps go into more detail as to where the Naki came from? You just said that they aren't from Telara, but they were friendly with the Bahmi's ancestors...does this imply that the Naki are also originally from the elemental planes? If so, I think that the different planes normally don't get along (with the exception of temporary alliances), but I could be remembering my lore incorrectly. Perhaps they might be some sort of ancient race that no one had ever heard of before? (such as one that was banished eons ago)

I like the races, just trying to help flesh them out more.
    Last edited by Heimdallw32; 08-24-2011 at 08:42 PM.
    Currently on Estrael.
    Gralzeim - Guardian Mage
    Vinden - Guardian Rogue
    Amywienia - Guardian Cleric
    Lissallyne - Guardian Rogue

Prophet of Telara

In what way are they dynamic?

Please stop using words when you don't know what they mean.

Plane Touched

On your drawing, the Valamora look eerily similar to Drainei.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by MrFunsocks View Post
    In what way are they dynamic?

Please stop using words when you don't know what they mean.
    Apparently YOU don't know what dynamic means. Dynamic can also mean energetic, and maybe he thought the races seemed full of life?

Make absolutely sure you understand the intent of the OP before you make an *** of yourself next time.
    Last edited by Ihas2buckets; 08-24-2011 at 08:53 PM.

While I like the fact that people are coming up with ideas I'd just like to say one thing.

I'm pretty sure Trion knows exactly where it wants to go with new races, and how they will fit in with their lore. Anything anyone suggests now will be going on their own forced lore that Trion might not even want a stab at.
    The daemonic are without number, and their legions span the galaxy. But faith does not tire. Should it take us an eternity, the Ordo malleus will find and exterminate them all. - Lord Hephaestos Grudd

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Ihas2buckets View Post
    Apparently YOU don't know what dynamic means. Dynamic can also mean energetic, and maybe he thought the races seemed full of life?

Make absolutely sure you understand the intent of the OP before you make an *** of yourself next time.
    How so?

And I don't care about the intent of the OP. Trion's not going to take lore ideas from fans for something as major as new races, so I don't have an opinion on a fan's ideas for them. It might be fun, and he might have put some thought into 'em, and more power to him and you for enjoying them.

I do care very deeply about the English language though, as I'm a grammar nerd. And:

dy·nam·ic
       [dahy-nam-ik]
    adjective Also, dy·nam·i·cal.
    1. Pertaining to or characterized by energy or effective action; vigorously active or forceful; energetic: the dynamic president of the firm.

There's nothing dynamic that I can see about the backstories, art, or game mechanics proposed. It's just a buzzword being overused yet again, and I don't like those.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast