+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Cristiano

Thread: Allow Customization of UI Text Colors

Default Allow Customization of UI Text Colors

Please allow the ability to adjust colors that are used in the UI, such as the dark red text used throughout the UI. For those who are colorblind, it is very difficult to read.

can you be more specific? do you mean like enemy name tags? combat text?

they should develop a colorblind mode for their game, i agree.

I mean in the actual UI. For example, wherever dark red text is used in labels and dialogs, such as when you do not have enough materials to craft an item. The red text is very difficult to read. Allowing it to be changed to another color, such as purple or yellow would help.

Quote Originally Posted by Cristiano View Post
    I mean in the actual UI. For example, wherever dark red text is used in labels and dialogs, such as when you do not have enough materials to craft an item. The red text is very difficult to read. Allowing it to be changed to another color, such as purple or yellow would help.
    So a colorblind mode for the ui, with options.

I am not colourblind myself, but still using the handy options to change the colours of nameplates. That was already a step in the right direction for everyone. The more options the better in my opinion.

Shadowlander

Default Absolutely needed!

I agree completely (already /bug'd about it). I couldn't even tell that I was getting error messages, in dark red, when the background environment was dark. And trying to figure out what I was missing from a recipe, and how many, almost drove me to rage quit. It's a good thing Magelo has the recipes in a convenient and readable format.

Love the game, but please fix this. 11% of males and 1% of females are at least partly color-blind.

Selim of Faeblight

Quote Originally Posted by Selim of Faeblight View Post
    I agree completely (already /bug'd about it). I couldn't even tell that I was getting error messages, in dark red, when the background environment was dark. And trying to figure out what I was missing from a recipe, and how many, almost drove me to rage quit. It's a good thing Magelo has the recipes in a convenient and readable format.

Love the game, but please fix this. 11% of males and 1% of females are at least partly color-blind.

Selim of Faeblight
    Uhm.. when you're crafting a recipe, it specifically tells you in the skills menu what is required. The rest you just need to know simple math on how many of each item you need.

You don't need Magelo for a "readable" format. (╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Last edited by Riane; 09-05-2012 at 07:28 AM.

Why would we fight against options? If it means nothing to you, fine, roll on!

I know many people who like to customize their UI text colors, and even games as far back as 2001's FFXI allow for it.

I don't use it. But I'm certainly not going to fault others for desiring it, or try to tell them their desires somehow count for less than mine!

+ Reply to Thread