+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My idea for a new profession.

Cool My idea for a new profession.

Alrighty, right now the professions are kinda boring. You can make things that you use once, and they don't really add anything to the gameplay as of right now. My idea is this:

*drum roll* Y'know how in that last game we all played, Engineering was so fun, and often silly? Well! I think Rift should sport its own form of Engineering.

And for those of you who say that only the Defiant could do Engineering, you're wrong! The Dwarves were booted from Hammerknell because of their Engineering exploits.

Guardians could get Dwarven Engineering, or just Engineering. Defiants could get Technomancy or Ethian Engineering. The Dwarves have decided to begin rebuilding their culture, and that includes their machines. As they begin building and using their technology, other races have noticed, and the Dwarves have agreed to share their inventions with the other Guardians of Telara. The Defiants are finally beginning to understand the technology of the ancient Ethians. As scholars are unlocking the secrets of the Eth, they have agreed to teach the Ascended, to help with the war effort.

Engineering could go well with Mining and perhaps Butchering. The ores would make the frame of the machine, the gems could be used as a focus or whatever it was needed for. The leather can be made into thin strips, and be used to bind certain things together.

Examples of Engineering items:

Light Dynamite: Deals 75 Fire damage to all enemies within 5m of the target area. 1min CD. (occasionally the fuse was not wound properly, and burns faster than usual, resulting in the possible loss of a hand of the user.)
    (2 handfuls of blasting powder (made from ores acquired from mining), 1 piece of burlap cloth, 1 piece soft leather)

Shrink Ray: Drains the energy from a single enemy, reducing their size and attack power by 30 for 30 seconds. 5 min CD. (The focus is not always alligned properly, and the beam may sometimes hit the user!)
    (2 copper bars, 1 Abyssal Opal, 1 minor flux, 2 cotton cloth, 2 thin leather)

Engineering could add a whole new dimension to PvP and PvE rotations and strategy. Think about it, Trion!

Any suggestions for my suggestion? Suggest now!
    Last edited by Uisceach; 08-18-2011 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uisceach View Post
    Alrighty, right now the professions are kinda boring. You can make things that you use once, and they don't really add anything to the gameplay as of right now. My idea is this:

*drum roll* Y'know how in that last game we all played, Engineering was so fun, and often silly? Well! I think Rift should sport its own form of Engineering.

And for those of you who say that only the Defiant could do Engineering, you're wrong! The Dwarves were booted from Hammerknell because of their Engineering exploits.

Guardians could get Dwarven Engineering, or just Engineering. Defiants could get Technomancy or Ethian Engineering. The Dwarves have decided to begin rebuilding their culture, and that includes their machines. As they begin building and using their technology, other races have noticed, and the Dwarves have agreed to share their inventions with the other Guardians of Telara. The Defiants are finally beginning to understand the technology of the ancient Ethians. As scholars are unlocking the secrets of the Eth, they have agreed to teach the Ascended, to help with the war effort.

Engineering could go well with Mining and perhaps Butchering. The ores would make the frame of the machine, the gems could be used as a focus or whatever it was needed for. The leather can be made into thin strips, and be used to bind certain things together.

Examples of Engineering items:

Light Dynamite: Deals 75 Fire damage to all enemies within 5m of the target area. 1min CD. (occasionally the fuse was not wound properly, and burns faster than usual, resulting in the possible loss of a hand of the user.)
    (2 handfuls of blasting powder (made from ores acquired from mining), 1 piece of burlap cloth, 1 piece soft leather)

Shrink Ray: Drains the energy from a single enemy, reducing their size and attack power by 30 for 30 seconds. 5 min CD. (The focus is not always alligned properly, and the beam may sometimes hit the user!)
    (2 copper bars, 1 Abyssal Opal, 1 minor flux, 2 cotton cloth, 2 thin leather)

Engineering could add a whole new dimension to PvP and PvE rotations and strategy. Think about it, Trion!

Any suggestions for my suggestion? Suggest now!
    Remember that scene off Friends, when Rachel makes that beef trifle?

Joey responds with a swifty, perky ton of voice - "I like it!"

That's what I'm feelin' right now.

I like. But I want a engineer calling

Quote Originally Posted by tro44 View Post
    I like. But I want a engineer calling
    This ain't GW2! Silly.

+ Reply to Thread