+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Idea for Advanced Progression

  1. #1
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    77

    Default Idea for Advanced Progression

    I would really like there to be some of these 50++ quests in all zones and have some repeatable stuff in each zone. I think it would be nice for each player to go back to his or her favorite zone and actually accomplish something there at 50. I've kind of grown tired of just switching between IPP, SM, and SS and would like to go back to silverwood or gloamwood with some purpose and enjoy a change of scenery!!!

  2. #2
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    37

    Default

    I like the idea, but the difficulty I guess is scaling the strength of the mobs in the lower level zones.

  3. #3
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    77

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teknogrebo View Post
    I like the idea, but the difficulty I guess is scaling the strength of the mobs in the lower level zones.
    yea i thought about that after i posted. you can have mobs only targetable by lvl 50 or have them "yellowed" out so they wont attack lowbies with being attacked themselves. You can also have mobs/elites/bosses spawn when you activate something.

  4. #4
    Ascendant July13th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crystalgeyser View Post
    yea i thought about that after i posted. you can have mobs only targetable by lvl 50 or have them "yellowed" out so they wont attack lowbies with being attacked themselves. You can also have mobs/elites/bosses spawn when you activate something.
    I don't like the idea of level 50 mobs roaming around the lower zones. Maybe have some slivers in the zone.

  5. #5
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    77

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by July13th View Post
    I don't like the idea of level 50 mobs roaming around the lower zones. Maybe have some slivers in the zone.
    i agree in that it would be frustrating for a lvl 15 to have to avoid lvl 50 elite mobs in silverwood or freemarch. Slivers would imply more raid content which is what Trion is trying to give an alternative to with the advanced progession end game content so i dont really agree that that is the entire answer, although it certainly has its place (new 5/10 mans and the solo/duo instances too) i think having actual quests for 50s in these zones would be a nice touch. For example, have epic quests in each zone with special titles, mounts, gear etc. Like an epic life quest through silverwood culminating in a life-themed mount, a choice of epic gear, and a title sprinkle in there a few of the new solo/duo instances, a couple of new 5mans, finish with an epic fae boss and you got yourself a questline. One in each zone and you have 8 or so epic advanced progression quests!

  6. #6
    Ascendant July13th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,161

    Default

    Who says slivers need to be 10 mans. Could have a 1 man sliver.

  7. #7
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    77

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by July13th View Post
    Who says slivers need to be 10 mans. Could have a 1 man sliver.
    ya good point... slivers would be okay but in addition to zone content

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts