+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Suggestion: Add trial shards into existing wargroups, especially for the return week

Default Suggestion: Add trial shards into existing wargroups, especially for the return week

I'm not really sure what the situation with these is... but I don't think they're grouped with current active shards. I'm not even sure they're grouped with other trial shards.

Trion will be running a "return to rift" week again soon, and when they do that, they're likely to get old players coming back. Some of them may be on what used to be trial shards, and they won't really know where to move themselves; likely they won't be very inclined to go do a bunch of research, so they may just give up and stop playing again (since they basically don't have anyone on their shard).

If you add them to existing wargroups(with active shards they can transfer to, then the trial shard players can
    1. cross shard group and wafront;
    2. get to know some people;
    3. and maybe find a server they want to play on and resubscribe.

Without this, you have a bunch of potential players who will likely give up as soon as they find out they're on a trial shard, or transfer blindly, which leaves more to luck as to whether they find a shard that fits them.
    Jaya
    Tertian of the <Children of Mechanus>
    Kaleida (Defiant)

I think they still are grouped in wargroup. My old shard became a trial shard but when my guild transferred it was still in the same wargroup. Every once and awhile I would run into people from the old shard in warfronts but I am sure most have transferred to an active shard.

That is very bad idea. Trial shard should have zero connection the paying accounts.
    System:
    Win7 64bit - I7 930 3.38GHz Liquid Cooled - 6 GB DDR3 - Ati 5970 Driver 11.8 CCC 2 - HDD Raid 0 1 TB -2nd HDD 1TB SATA - Blu-Ray - Display 32" Samsung HDTV 1920x1080

Quote Originally Posted by July13th View Post
    I think they still are grouped in wargroup. My old shard became a trial shard but when my guild transferred it was still in the same wargroup. Every once and awhile I would run into people from the old shard in warfronts but I am sure most have transferred to an active shard.
    I suspect that they aren't involved in a wargroup with active shards though... I'm suggesting that people who come back and find their shard is now a trial shard should be able to group/warfront with people who play on active shards that they can transfer to... that way they can use those both the pvp queue nd the lfg queue as tools to find a new shard to play on.

Quote Originally Posted by Romiz View Post
    That is very bad idea. Trial shard should have zero connection the paying accounts.
    Why?

Bear in mind that "people on trial shards" does not mean "people who don't have paying accounts"

Nor do trial accounts contribute significantly to spam (per dev posts on the subject)
    Last edited by Jaya; 08-18-2011 at 12:27 PM.
    Jaya
    Kaleida (Defiant)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
    I suspect that they aren't involved in a wargroup with active shards though... I'm suggesting that people who come back and find their shard is now a trial shard should be able to group/warfront with people who play on active shards that they can transfer to... that way they can use those both the pvp queue nd the lfg queue as tools to find a new shard to play on.
    Trial Shards are still active shards. You did not need to transfer off the shard when it became a trial shard (in fact I still have 3 characters on the the shard that I haven't transferred). I think the trial shards are already in a wargroup cluster because they were in a wargroup cluster before you could transfer off the shard.

Quote Originally Posted by July13th View Post
    Trial Shards are still active shards.
    Lets not be silly.

I think the trial shards are already in a wargroup cluster because they were in a wargroup cluster before you could transfer off the shard.
    Yes, but since the shards in thier cluster are all trial shards, that's not particularly helpful.
    Jaya
    Kaleida (Defiant)

Lets not be silly.
    I wasn't trying to be silly. I was just saying that these are "active" shards in theory (no one plays on them though).
    Yes, but since the shards in thier cluster are all trial shards, that's not particularly helpful.
    I was not aware that trion removed these shards from warfront clusters and made only trial cluster.

+ Reply to Thread