+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need Vs. Greed Loot System and BoE drops

Default Need Vs. Greed Loot System and BoE drops

Today we had 2 Abyssal Muskets drop in the same AP run. Muskets go for between 100-500p on my server. There were only 2 people in the party who could need on them and both of them already had them. I like the Need vs. Greed system but I think that having high value items being locked to only 2 classes is total garbage. In the same situation before the patch all 5 members could be able to fairly roll need on the item and all have a chance to sell such an item. After all it takes all 5 members to kill mobs why shouldn't they be entitled to the rewards?

If the two that can use them already have them then they should roll greed (because that is what they want them for... to sell) then everyone has a shot because the others can roll greed as well. If they roll need, well they are jerks (edited due to language filter), then you probably do not want to play with them any more. /ignore /leavegroup

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Zierk View Post
    Today we had 2 Abyssal Muskets drop in the same AP run. Muskets go for between 100-500p on my server.
    Wow Damn, those go for 50p or less on my shard lol.

Anyways what they SHOULD do is, if you roll NEED on a BoE item then it automatically Soulbinds to you. That way you can't sell it, and people who actually plan on using it won't have to worry about everyone rolling need on it.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Carve View Post
    Wow Damn, those go for 50p or less on my shard lol.

Anyways what they SHOULD do is, if you roll NEED on a BoE item then it automatically Soulbinds to you. That way you can't sell it, and people who actually plan on using it won't have to worry about everyone rolling need on it.

I like this! BoE on needis! (and needing by mistake is impossible now too!)

Plane Walker

I strongly believe that would be a nice policy to remove any need roll for BOE items in pugs
    That would solve everything. Even if they can be used BOE items should be equally rolled because use is also to have for an alt or to sell.
    I think gearing can survive with the BOP and Tx gear

Need vs greed was added today. And glad to see is was done correct.
    System:
    Win7 64bit - I7 930 3.38GHz Liquid Cooled - 6 GB DDR3 - Ati 5970 Driver 11.8 CCC 2 - HDD Raid 0 1 TB -2nd HDD 1TB SATA - Blu-Ray - Display 32" Samsung HDTV 1920x1080

Quote Originally Posted by Greek View Post
    I strongly believe that would be a nice policy to remove any need roll for BOE items in pugs
    That would solve everything. Even if they can be used BOE items should be equally rolled because use is also to have for an alt or to sell.
    I think gearing can survive with the BOP and Tx gear

I agree, when I think of high selling BoEs from T2s the first 3 that come to mind are Abyssal Musket, Hatchet and Rune-Carved Bow... all only need-able by Rogues and Warriors >.<

I think needing on items should make them bop. Should also remove vendor price and the ability to runebreak the item.

+ Reply to Thread