+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rangers - Druid Pets

Soulwalker

Default Rangers - Druid Pets

I really like playing pet classes like Druid and Ranger and I like the way Rift does this. However, as I play I realize that the pet looks are very generic. It would be very cool to be able to change the color of a pet - maybe give a Satyr some vines on his horns or something - piercings like a nose ring? Use different weapons and not just a Halberd. On animal pets be able to change the coat to various markings, colors, etc.

In WoW you could charm so many different pets as a hunter - hate WoW as a game, but maybe eventually Rangers could be allowed to do this and maybe Druids could eventually get a charm that would let them collect a temporary pet.

Just some ideas to add variety for pet classes.

Thanks!

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Tylari View Post
    I really like playing pet classes like Druid and Ranger and I like the way Rift does this. However, as I play I realize that the pet looks are very generic. It would be very cool to be able to change the color of a pet - maybe give a Satyr some vines on his horns or something - piercings like a nose ring? Use different weapons and not just a Halberd. On animal pets be able to change the coat to various markings, colors, etc.

In WoW you could charm so many different pets as a hunter - hate WoW as a game, but maybe eventually Rangers could be allowed to do this and maybe Druids could eventually get a charm that would let them collect a temporary pet.

Just some ideas to add variety for pet classes.

Thanks!
    Agreed. I tried a lot of classes in WoW, but once I realized Hunters could tame so many pets and that moths were one of those (my class changed from Hunter to Moth Tamer) I gave up all other classes just for that.

I know, some people hate pet classes. I love them. I hate the Druid in Rift - the pets are boring and I like my pets to hold aggro, not... do entirely useless DPS and healing while I am questing. The Ranger pets are ugly (especially the boars) as are the Beastmaster pets. The only pets I actually like are the mage ones, which is kinda sad.

More pets. More customization for them. And give Rangers the freedom to tame creatures from all over the game.

id like to see druids or Rangers get bears

Im sure in EQ one my Druid could do something with bears.

And my Ranger in Guildwars also had a bear pet to aid them in battle

Sadare of Icewatch - Elementlist
    Guardian alts: Kestra
    Defiant alts: Stone, Lyshia, Velvet, Tears

Rift Disciple

I like the idea of changing pets but I wish I could get a ranged pet on my ranger. My blood raptor is nice but not very good at dodging AE and when I tell him to run back he shambles back like he is on a vaction.

Champion of Telara Elric-merren's Avatar

HAve to agree with this my wow hunter wass my favorite characetr spent more time on her then any of them. I would lvoe to see more of a creature farm kinda idea where you go to the dealer and allows you to change the appearnce of your pet, would work for other pet users if you added inn a school type place where they teach hwo o summon difference pets as well. THough i would lvoe to be able to add armor, as well as other additional appeance changes to the pets to mke them more unique. In wow i always played with my tundra worm from northrend, that little beast could take out players on it's own starting out which was funny to watch. For the idea of a ranged pet for ranger you might go with a spitting cobra-like pet (always loved the look of cobras.). Myself i want to see a pet class that uses large insect pet for cobat like mantis, beattles, scorpions, centpides, or even wasps as well as bees.

Soulwalker

I like the creature farm idea or some sort of 'school' where they could get special pet armor and weapons and just change the appearance. There has to be some room for some customization in this.

Great ideas. I hope some Dev hops on this.

+ Reply to Thread