+ Reply to Thread

Thread: (a New Design Concept for Warrior Tanking) 2hander tank soul and dual wield tank soul

Default (a New Design Concept for Warrior Tanking) 2hander tank soul and dual wield tank soul

I would like to suggest a new combat style for the different tank souls of the warrior.

Instead of them all fighting with 1hander and shield, let's add some new flavor to tank combat. It's possible , seeing that World of Warcraft pulled it off as well.

Paladin= shield and 1hander
    Void Knight = shield and 1hander
    Reaver = 2hander
    Warlord = dual wield

The way this can be balanced so it doesn't get abused by dps roles:

Reaver and Warlord get a stance skill that increase their armor while (their weapon 2hander or dual wield for warlord) is equipped, but their damage is reduced slightly. And crit chance reduced slightly.

Something similar to that what Blizzard did to the Blood Deathknight and frost death knight in WoTLK.

If you add souls to one class you have to add souls to every class. At this point, the balance between all the new souls would be an absolute nightmare.

ps: You can already create 2h and dw tank builds, they just suck.

That's why I came up with the idea for balance of it. And how is this a new soul? Its the same soul. Reaver and Warlord

Also trying to make it so they don't suck. Why would somebody want to play something that sucks? That's why I came up with the idea in the first place to make the concept efficient
    Last edited by tro44; 08-17-2011 at 04:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tro44 View Post
    That's why I came up with the idea for balance of it. And how is this a new soul? Its the same soul. Reaver and Warlord

Also trying to make it so they don't suck. Why would somebody want to play something that sucks? That's why I came up with the idea in the first place to make the concept efficient
    It would have to be new souls because by making these changes you'd be crushing the synergy that the existing souls have, much like Trion did with Champ/Para a few months ago when they started restricting attacks/buffs/etc to two hand only or dual wield only.

This kind of post shows up for every single game--for some reason people just want to tank without seeing a shield on their screen.

Quote Originally Posted by -Swag- View Post
    It would have to be new souls because by making these changes you'd be crushing the synergy that the existing souls have, much like Trion did with Champ/Para a few months ago when they started restricting attacks/buffs/etc to two hand only or dual wield only.

This kind of post shows up for every single game--for some reason people just want to tank without seeing a shield on their screen.
    Well that could still work. By making certain attacks mainhand on Reaver and warlord.

Warlord gets offhand attacks that can go well with anybody dual wielding.

Traverse mainhand attacks. Can be buffed by passive root or branch ability that increases the effect of Reaver mainhand weapons by a certain percentage while a 2hander is equipped

Rift Chaser

Look ist the DW Death Knight Tank thread from the wow forums.... if u tank u need a shield makes perfect sense to me.. Not to mention a 2h tank would require a whole new set of 2h weapons with tank stats on them No thank you just keeps sword and board tanking or whatever riftstalkers do..
    There if u want a dw tank go play a rogue..

+ Reply to Thread