+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Old useless currencys, ie event tokens

Soulwalker

Default Old useless currencys, ie event tokens

I like many others have logged on to find that my bank has useless tokens in there, not enough to buy anything but we hold on to it anyway. Then there are world events we have missed out on and items that we would love to have.

Exchange program.
    simple useful and people would love it.
    Allow us to exchange current tokens to older event tokens, or better yet USE THE SAME DAMN ONE!
    Your development team is getting to focused on making new exciting world events to notice that once the event passes all that work is for not. tokens get thrown out, sold or are just stuck lying around.

Please do something about this.

Thank you

I think exchanging old world event currency for Planarite is the right solution. World Events should be special and I think that there would be less people doing events if they all used same currency (or could trade in old ones for new events). I want people out in the world participating in the current events.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by July13th View Post
    I think exchanging old world event currency for Planarite is the right solution. World Events should be special and I think that there would be less people doing events if they all used same currency (or could trade in old ones for new events). I want people out in the world participating in the current events.
    I see your point with exchanging going forward on event tokens, i however was reffering to useing a backwards exchange making the current tokens exchangeable for older tokens or update the world event merchant to use the current tokes as the default.
    This does 2 things,
    it makes the tokens current to purchase goods from an event that has passed because those tokens are no longer available and it still encourages people to go out and do the world events.

Personally i found the rewards for the current world events to be almost useless for me. Breathing underwater is helpful but is completely useless after you upgrade the piece of equiptment with better gear.
    Last edited by foneguy; 08-17-2011 at 07:37 AM. Reason: I have a difficult time explaning an idea in text. I just refrased to make it read better.

I really like the fact that items from past events aren't obtainable anymore. But I agree: there should be something to spend your old tokens on - or maybe trade them for a small amout of gold or something...

Thumbs up Signed

I think the conversion to planarite ... or even sourcestones/shards makes the most sense. It keep the special items from past events "special" while turning the old event currencies into something useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrazai View Post
    I really like the fact that items from past events aren't obtainable anymore. But I agree: there should be something to spend your old tokens on - or maybe trade them for a small amout of gold or something...
    Trade them for planarite.

Era
    Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by July13th View Post
    Trade them for planarite.
    This. Trading for planarite will allow Trion to maintain the goal of not allowing people to "hoard" the currencies in order to buy everything in the next one and never participate (which I think is the point).
    Era - Defiant - Byriel
    Former Owner of RiftLift

Ascendant

all of my characters have max planarite so this would suck for me

Have the current event currency, then convert all of that currency (after event is over) to a generic currency. And so on and so forth.

+ Reply to Thread