+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Greyform
  • 2 Post By Pecan
  • 3 Post By Swordfishy

Thread: Forced to PvP?

Rift Master

Default Forced to PvP?

Why am I forced to PvP to rank 8 to get a trinket I need in PvE?

I chose a PvE server because I do not have the time to concentrate on more than one aspect of the game.
    I do not have time to PvP I do not want to invest that time.

I find it incredibly irritating that I have to grind for long periods of time in PVP to get good for PVE. This needs to be fixed ASAP.

If I feel I am forced to do something in the game, something I specifically chose not to do, then you have really given me only one other choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyform View Post

I chose a PvE server because I do not have the time to concentrate on more than one aspect of the game.

I find it incredibly irritating that I have to grind for long periods of time in PVP to get good for PVE. This needs to be fixed ASAP.

If I feel I am forced to do something in the game, something I specifically chose not to do, then you have really given me only one other choice.

Because you suck at PvE.

Also, this is the wrong forum.
    Last edited by Blakjak02; 08-16-2011 at 10:26 AM.
    Blakjak
    Liquidus - Defiant - Keenblade

Message me in the game if you want to chat...

Shadowlander

Plenty of PvE trinkets and gear in game. If you're trying to optimize gear with BIS its not forcing, its entirely up to you. Forcing content is to make you be rank 6 before you can enter a PvE dungeon. As far as I can remember only the Saga of the Endless requires you to go into a PvP Warfront and win a single match for PvE progression.

If you're choosing to optimize by getting the best gear from both PvE and PvP that's a choice, not being forced.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyform View Post

Are you talking about the Codex trinket? You could get that before being rank 5. Let alone 8... lol

Ascendant

Why am I forced to PvE to Hammerknell to get a weapon I need in PvP?

I chose a PvP server because I do not have the time to concentrate on more than one aspect of the game.
    I do not have time to PvE I do not want to invest that time.

I find it incredibly irritating that I have to grind for long periods of time in PVE to get good for PVP. This needs to be fixed ASAP.

DK of The Fast and the Fairyous: Tokyo Rift

Shadowlander

OP probably means the R8 Gear + Synergy Crystal. The Order of the Eye trinket is the best as far as I can see and can be obtained through PvE dailies.

Raid1 gear needs a Synergy Crystal.
    Last edited by PhroZen; 08-20-2011 at 02:52 PM.

I got the codex trinket at rank 3...and you dont need it for PvE? Lol.

Though it is best in slot for it e.g dumb. but all well, deal with the one from alsbeth then
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    Your opinion is wrong and you should feel bad for sharing it with the world.
    11/11 HK(World top 10), 4/4 ROTP, Greenscale/RoS Current-Content Conqueror, GP Cleared, TDH Cleared.

Prestige Rank 8 in a weekend baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfishy View Post
    Why am I forced to PvE to Hammerknell to get a weapon I need in PvP?

I chose a PvP server because I do not have the time to concentrate on more than one aspect of the game.
    I do not have time to PvE I do not want to invest that time.

I find it incredibly irritating that I have to grind for long periods of time in PVE to get good for PVP. This needs to be fixed ASAP.

With the absence of hit on PVP gear i have been hearing more of this in game than pveer's complaining about having to pvp.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by July13th View Post
    With the absence of hit on PVP gear i have been hearing more of this in game than pveer's complaining about having to pvp.
    I spent 30 plat on some accurate runes and it was the best pvp decision I've ever made. Mages are parry/dodge beasts when you run at 24 hit from an offhand dagger.

Once hammerknell is on farm status and people are rolling around in orange weapons from there we will see a big change in PVP attitudes towards PvE gear. For right now though P8 gear is pretty sick and much more obtainable, so people complain about it.
    DK of The Fast and the Fairyous: Tokyo Rift

Ascendant

While I agree, OP, that BiS PVE items being pvp items is wrong, PVP'ers have to do a lot of PVE to get every best item. Not for gear, but for augment/stuff.
    Burning powerstones, potions and the like... Prices varies from server to server, but you can easily spend 2-4 plats an hour. While having close to no income from PVP.

Sure, you don't have to run dungeons or stuff to make some plats, but you still have to gather stuff or AoE grind mobs, which is still PVE.

+ Reply to Thread