+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Forget tabards, I wanna rock a cape! i wanna hear how you feel...

Default Forget tabards, I wanna rock a cape! i wanna hear how you feel...

Dear Trion,
    Thank you for putting everything I love in an MMO. On a more serious note we should do something about guildies not being able to recognize each other. Tabards are cool but capes are cooler i'm just saying. Capes would be a much better fit in this game than a Tabard or maybe tabards and/or a cape because i hated tabards on a robe. And tabards are just overplayed. And the Designs on a cape can just stand out and be seen by all better than the designs on a tabard which are rarely looked at, one could speculate just for the color,that's what it is in my case anyways.

wouldn't you rather rock a fresh cape fellow rifters?

Also, adding player housing is an unnecessary change to this game that has everything going for it already. I just feel it would just distract from the true essence of your game pvp, and rifting, and raiding. That is all.

So... Guild cloaks? With each guild on the shard having a unique symbol and color scheme?

Yes. Oh god, yes. This'll take my attention from the barber not existing for a while.

Default Yes!

YES! And make it super wavy and stuff!

Never mistake knowledge for wisdom. One helps you make a living, the other helps you make a life.

Yes capes/ Cloaks would be my prefference i dont care much for tabards.

Capes that animate like the COH capes would be fab and could have like a guild emblem on the back of them.

Sadare of Icewatch - Elementlist
    Guardian alts: Kestra
    Defiant alts: Stone, Lyshia, Velvet, Tears

YES! But not capes with stats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    Your opinion is wrong and you should feel bad for sharing it with the world.
    11/11 HK(World top 10), 4/4 ROTP, Greenscale/RoS Current-Content Conqueror, GP Cleared, TDH Cleared.

Prestige Rank 8 in a weekend baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Kudaran View Post
    So... Guild cloaks? With each guild on the shard having a unique symbol and color scheme?

Yes. Oh god, yes. This'll take my attention from the barber not existing for a while.
    Heck no! I hated that about guild wars. I rather have Tabards that cover my crappy chest armor models.

I rather have good looking cape than sharing a foolish looking cape that a guild leader designed
    Last edited by tro44; 08-16-2011 at 09:22 AM.

Default Capes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tro44 View Post
    Heck no! I hated that about guild wars. I rather have Tabards that cover my crappy chest armor models.

I rather have good looking cape than sharing a foolish looking cape that a guild leader designed
    Honestly capes would fit better in this game than a tabard the armor designer guy was obviously late to work everyday so i rather a not put a tabard on... and plus look at the feedback why would you not want one... they could look so soooo sooooooo good!

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Cromagis View Post
    YES! But not capes with stats.
    This. I've played one too many MMOs that had cosmetic capes with stats.

That being said, I'm all for Guild cloaks. But how will the design on the cloak be chosen? Will there be a list of pre-made emblems, or will Guild leaders be able to upload their own design?

/signed x 100

Guild cloaks would be sweet.
    Got an itch for anime? Visit my anime thread here!
    Nexiga
    Retired from Rift

Soulwalker

I'd definitely love to see guild capes. Tabards are just boring and at times hard to even see but a cape would be awesome. Or to expand on this great idea, give people their silly little guild tabards and then once the guild hits say level 10 or 15 BAM! capes. If someones wearing a cape you know they're in a guild thats been around a while.

Default Like first post

We should start liking the first post so this thread gets looked at.
    and NO STATS ON CAPES.....
    I think the designs of the capes should be just as intricate as character creation is!!
    skimp capes wouldn't do it justice and maybe capes should be reserved to guilds of a high level say 10 or 15.

Soulwalker

Default capes>tabards

Yes! I've been pretty bummed that there aren't capes in this game. Trion has been doing a really good job of implementing great stuff into this game that the players want. I wouldnt be surprised if they added capes soon. the sooner the better.

Would rather have a cape over a tabard any day.
    System:
    Win7 64bit - I7 930 3.38GHz Liquid Cooled - 6 GB DDR3 - Ati 5970 Driver 11.8 CCC 2 - HDD Raid 0 1 TB -2nd HDD 1TB SATA - Blu-Ray - Display 32" Samsung HDTV 1920x1080

Plane Walker

ofcourse coolest option would be if the guild leaders could send in theit own paterns/image to be on the guild cloak.

to have the option to draw a design in paint and submit it.

maybe trion would supply the outlines of a white cloak for you to draw on to make sure evrything firts

The only way I would support this was if we had a option to use other capes than just guild capes in the game. Because coming from WoW and GuildWars, I know guild leaders sometimes make crappy looking tabards and capes.

But in Guild Wars you are stuck with that option since that's the only option for wearing a cape.

While in WoW, we have multiple options for tabards other than simply guild tabards. So I can pick which is best looking for my character, not just what's best looking for the guild leader's character

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast