+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Clerics need a main DPS to Heal soul.

Shield of Telara

Default Clerics need a main DPS to Heal soul.

Currently right now healing is such a chore on a Cleric compared to my Chloro. Could we see main tank healing soul for Clerics that heal through damage?

Telaran

Is it really necessary?

Different classes work through different mechanics. I see no reason to change that.

justicar isnt a good enough off healing spec?

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by TheDrizzle404 View Post
    justicar isnt a good enough off healing spec?
    Havent u read the post, I said main tank healing. Justicar is perfectly fine for offhealing, but try to main tank as a Justicar on a boss npc with no other npc's to spam even justice on.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Seginus View Post
    Is it really necessary?

Different classes work through different mechanics. I see no reason to change that.
    Is playing this game necessary? No its not, I do it for fun and what does it hurt to suggest that the dev's come up with some new souls that might be FUN to play.

Quote Originally Posted by jereome View Post
    Currently right now healing is such a chore on a Cleric compared to my Chloro. Could we see main tank healing soul for Clerics that heal through damage?
    Once bards can heal a main tank i see that being a fair request.
    Blakjak
    Liquidus - Defiant - Keenblade

Message me in the game if you want to chat...

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by jereome View Post
    Is playing this game necessary? No its not, I do it for fun and what does it hurt to suggest that the dev's come up with some new souls that might be FUN to play.
    I think you might be misunderstanding me.

I would also like to see new souls being added to the game, and I fully expect them in Rift's future. I'm more asking if it's necessary to add yet another healing soul to Clerics considering what is already there.

The three healing souls provided may not be "fun" for you, but they could be for others who prefer the direct-healing approach. And like you said, Chloromancers already heal in this way, so if that play style suits you, then play a Chloromancer.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Seginus View Post
    I think you might be misunderstanding me.

I would also like to see new souls being added to the game, and I fully expect them in Rift's future. I'm more asking if it's necessary to add yet another healing soul to Clerics considering what is already there.

The three healing souls provided may not be "fun" for you, but they could be for others who prefer the direct-healing approach. And like you said, Chloromancers already heal in this way, so if that play style suits you, then play a Chloromancer.
    Seriously. Our style of healing is what attracted me to this game in the first place. There's no reason to even heal with a mage if a cleric could emulate it.

I'd be sad to see the Chloromancer's defining identity copied over to another calling. It's unique, refreshing, and fun. So is Cleric Healing, if you like it.

Truthfully, it sounds to me like you should stay healing with your chloromancer, because you enjoy it more than healing with a sentinel or warden or purifier. There's nothing wrong with that.

If anything, I'd like to see a new Cleric damage soul (just damage). Tack that with a Warrior support soul and maybe another Mage heal soul, and we'd be all good. =]
    Last edited by Morvick; 08-16-2011 at 08:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

+ Reply to Thread