+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Sneddle

Thread: Plat spammer report/ignore achievement system.

Soulwalker

Exclamation Plat spammer report/ignore achievement system.

Lets face it, we're all sick and tired of these plat spammers in cities shouting out that they got plat for sale. (saw one today that said they had beautiful and friendly customer service reps)

So I got to thinking why not have an achievement system for report/ignoring them? If X number of people report someone, they get +1. Of course there would have to be some sort of check to see if it was a legit plat seller that was report/ignored.

Have achievement tiers 50, 100, 1000, 10000 etc upto 1 million.

sounds like youve clearly measured the possible pros and cons very carefully and thoroughly.

Default Great idea!

I support this! Plat sellers are getting out of hand and quite blatantly reporting them gives no concrete gain. A account might get banned only to have another spring up in it's place. Giving people a reason to report them would make it harder for the plat sellers (in theory at any rate). Of course the check to see if they actually are a plat seller is IMMENSELY IMPORTANT but I'm sure you guys at Trion check if anyways to make sure people are being reported for a real reason, I can't imagine it would require much change to implement and the benefit should be obvious. I'm not foolish enough to believe this will remove them from Rift altogether BUT it should apply pressure on them and HOPEFULLY get a few of them to look elsewhere for their business.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibi View Post
    It's oft said, and I do paraphrase, that Trion could mail people $100 each and some would complain on the forums that it should have been more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyn View Post
    Hey folks,
    Just dropping in a reminder to ensure your posts are on topic, civil and constructive.
    Thanks!

Soulwalker

I like it! I enjoy random fun achievements in the game and I would enjoy that one too. I for one report them every time I see one.

Rift Chaser

and best of all there is no way this could be abused by reporting random people who are not actually spamming!

/sarcasm

I like this idea so much I'd hereby like to report all the above posters as plat spammers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lighteyes View Post
    and best of all there is no way this could be abused by reporting random people who are not actually spamming!

/sarcasm
    You are absolutely right! Because seeing as Trion checks these spam reports ALREADY they coould check to make sure BEFORE you gain progress in the achievement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibi View Post
    It's oft said, and I do paraphrase, that Trion could mail people $100 each and some would complain on the forums that it should have been more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyn View Post
    Hey folks,
    Just dropping in a reminder to ensure your posts are on topic, civil and constructive.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryaad View Post
    You are absolutely right! Because seeing as Trion checks these spam reports ALREADY they coould check to make sure BEFORE you gain progress in the achievement.
    a shocking number of people missed a few important flaws that i tried to subtly hint at in my first post. since sharp wit has failed to get people to think, ill try being blunt.

this is a terribad idea. first of all, this just turns spammers into a spectacle. why should they spend any more time on them than they already have to? secondly, people would start reporting everyone, and that would flood their investigation queue. theyd be wasting a ton of time sorting through a bunch of false reports so real spammers would have action taken on them much slower. lastly... well, i guess i only had the two points. hope that suffices.

Morvick has logged on
    Morvick says: Hey guys, how's the pvp today? Any rifts open lately?
    N00b3r: [Reported Morvick]
    N00b3r: [Ignoring Morvick]
    N00b3r has earned the achievement [Spam Slayer]!
    [Guild] N00b3r has earned the achievement [Spam Slayer]!
    Last edited by Morvick; 08-16-2011 at 08:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

+ Reply to Thread