+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Can you please add "Invisible Armor"?

Default Can you please add "Invisible Armor"?

No, not armor that makes you invisible, but armor that is invisible.

This, when combined with the Appearance slot, would allow characters to appear not to be wearing armor in that location (for example, hands or chest). Thus, if a character had an entire set of this "armor", they could appear to be in their "skivvies".

While some of the more immature players would want this to have all their characters walking around in boxers and bikinis, I personally would love this just so my Mage could appear to not be wearing bulking gloves. My male warrior could also go around "bare chested". The possibilities are endless.
    Retired from the forum community 12/19/2017

Good idea but I can see this being abused by both the immature players and the PvP players

Ascendant

EQ2 had this...basically the joke was it was so beautiful we couldn't perceive the look of the item

annnnd many people loved them for that reason...getting rid of gloves, pants, etc.

Instead of invisible armor, how bout you just give us the option to turn on or off the appearance of certain items in the wardrobe? Show or don't show gloves, or shoes/boots ect.

Quote Originally Posted by Elairant View Post
    Instead of invisible armor, how bout you just give us the option to turn on or off the appearance of certain items in the wardrobe? Show or don't show gloves, or shoes/boots ect.
    AoC has that feature. You have to turn on and off every single wardrobe slot and you can turn them on while they're empty, resulting in the piece you're actually wearing not being shown at all instead of only being "overwritten" by another item.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by tro44 View Post
    Good idea but I can see this being abused by both the immature players and the PvP players
    Because female characters aren't wearing enough already! Lol! Hey look I forgot my pants!

Incoming ERP across all corners of telara instead of just the back corners of meridian and sanctum...

*shudders*

"Where's that big black death tentacle going my kind sir Tibalt?"

"I"m just opening a tear in your heart and creating a rift between us you must close..."

And the scene just avalanches in grotesque RP... you guys should really hop on a RP server for a week and you'll understand why invisible armor is just a NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PLEASE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I like this idea as long as it is limited to hands, feet, shoulders and helm. That way it serves your needs and it cannot be abused too much.

I'd want this feature for gloves, helmet and shoulders. I've got two wardrobe sets actually that would greatly benefit from this feature, where gloves don't fit and I would prefer not to wear shoulders (while on two other sets I want to have them), etc.

Really, at least the existing options "hide helmet" and "hide shoulderpads" should be tied to the wardrobe instead to a global option.
    The Wardisitor - because sometimes you just can't decide!

if you wear invisible armor into the invisible jet, do you divide by zero?

Ascendant

Only needed for gloves and feet. There is an option in the interface menu that says "hide helm" and "hide shoulders"

But I agree.. maybe I want to be a high elf hippy during rp and go around barefoot.

I would just suggest adding to the hide helm and shoulders. They should add hide gloves and hide boots. The other items I want to be present in game.
    On many female versions of armor you are already wearing almost nothing anyways.
    Last edited by July13th; 08-16-2011 at 01:22 PM.

I like the idea of not showing things. I like the option to go shirtless, it sounds cool. To the points made about people already not wearing enough: Who cares? It's a game! If people want to run around in their underwear that's fine by me. I would like it for the options of making my gear look the way "I" want it to, and to add individuality.

At the end of the day, our toons are an extension of us. Why not allow us to customize in more detail?
    If you power level through the game in a month, you deserve to be bored. Slow down, enjoy all the story, and learn the game's wonderful lore. You'll be in for a much better experience.

Whether implemented via invisible items (ala EQ2/Vanguard) or separate toggles for the individual slots, there are reasons to have this feature added directly to the wardrobe window, rather than more menu options for "hide gloves", "hide boots", etc.

Example: my cabalist has two outfits, one for battle and one for hanging out around taverns and such. The former has a helmet, the latter does not. I would much prefer the ability to simply toggle between the outfits rather than that plus opening the options menu to click "hide helm" every time I switch.

I'm sure other players besides RPers would appreciate the convenience, too. I would guess that plenty of people have multiple costumes just for the sake of looking awesome, but for one outfit they'd prefer to show the hair whilst another has headgear, etc.

Have a check-box next to each Wardrobe slot;
    [ ] Hide Gear

You can hide your helmet, shoulders, pants, or whatever that way. Would streamline the "Misc Settings" interface a bit too, and make the options somewhat more accessible on the fly.

[edit] ... Dammit, Champion. y u go read my brain?
    Last edited by Morvick; 08-16-2011 at 10:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast