+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Things that I would love to see in RIFT

Soulwalker

Exclamation Things that I would love to see in RIFT

I am a very new player, I don't even have a level 50 yet. But I've noticed a couple things that I really would like to have in the game.

-Barber
    I want to be able to change my character's hair/color and makeup, Also to choose new hair styles that are not in the character creation screen. I think this would be a nice coin dump, and lets up keep our characters unique.

-Emotes
    I noticed when exploring the emotes that some of them don't have any animations at all. This is a little saddening due to I joined an RP shard and I would love to see my character animate when i do emotes.

-Sitting at tables and on benches
    As an RPer, I don't want to sit on the floor when I RP, Specially in a tavern/Inn!

-Horses have a walking feature
    I would love to see horses being able to walk and not just run for RP purposes.

-Sensitive monster aggro!!
    I love how this MMO has brought back a challenge to killing monsters. But there aggro range is somewhat annoying, I don't like that when I am 20 feet away, I start getting hit out of no where.

-Extreme lag in Sanctum
    I have a decent video card, I can run the game on High and have no problems in the world, questing, fighting, doing invasions and rifts..... but when i ride into Sanctum...BAM! Its like my character is trying to ride through jello, and my frames drop like a rock, and im talking like... 10fps.. I can understand that the majority of the problem is on my end, but when you advertise that you can run the game smoothly even on "Not state-of-the-art" computers, Its something they should think about..

But on the other hand there are some things that I really like so far about the game, and I think its only fair to say what you like about it when you're giving criticism.

I love the armor dyes! I love the wardrobe tab! I love the random rifts and invasions! I love the realistic graphics! I love how you can combined any 3 souls you want! I love the Carlton dance!! I LOVE the nice community! I like the dungeons and I like the Pvp! So great job so far on creating a solid product to start with. I have high hopes for this game, and I know that you can make it even better by listening to the players!

Quote Originally Posted by Levenn View Post
    -Barber
    I want to be able to change my character's hair/color and makeup, Also to choose new hair styles that are not in the character creation screen. I think this would be a nice coin dump, and lets up keep our characters unique.
    /signed

-Emotes
    I noticed when exploring the emotes that some of them don't have any animations at all. This is a little saddening due to I joined an RP shard and I would love to see my character animate when i do emotes.
    /signed this is a mmoRPg.

-Sitting at tables and on benches
    As an RPer, I don't want to sit on the floor when I RP, Specially in a tavern/Inn!
    /signed this is a mmoRPg.

-Sensitive monster aggro!!
    I love how this MMO has brought back a challenge to killing monsters. But there aggro range is somewhat annoying, I don't like that when I am 20 feet away, I start getting hit out of no where.
    This could be better still sometimes but it makes sense that intelligent mobs still attack at 20 feet away because most humanoids should be able to see within a 20 feet radius. Be thankful that humanoids don't call for help when getting attacked (or run away when about to die) but I like intelligent AI. Some hostile territorial creatures could threaten to attack (like in LOTRO) if you stumble upon their territory.

-Extreme lag in Sanctum
    I have a decent video card, I can run the game on High and have no problems in the world, questing, fighting, doing invasions and rifts..... but when i ride into Sanctum...BAM! Its like my character is trying to ride through jello, and my frames drop like a rock, and im talking like... 10fps.. I can understand that the majority of the problem is on my end, but when you advertise that you can run the game smoothly even on "Not state-of-the-art" computers, Its something they should think about..
    This is still a problem. Too many people stand around capitol cities waiting for queues to pop (or in your case they are hopefully RPing) The added event quests in Capitol cities don't help.

Thumbs up Signed

+vote for Barber

Soulwalker

Thanks for the positive feedback so far!

Ascendant

Yes to barber!

Soulwalker

I've noticed a lot of people in-game talking about how much they want a barber.

Thumbs up

/signed and bring it on.
    If you power level through the game in a month, you deserve to be bored. Slow down, enjoy all the story, and learn the game's wonderful lore. You'll be in for a much better experience.

I'd love all these features and also for the chat range to be lessened. I can read people's /say text from halfway across the city. Is that large a range really necessary?

I agree with barber and sensitive monster aggro.

Lightbulb Barber

Barber interface can/should include makeup adjustment too. Markings and face/eye color and shape should be static, unless they have laser removal. I'm sure the Defiant could come up with something.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Avgust View Post
    Barber interface can/should include makeup adjustment too. Markings and face/eye color and shape should be static, unless they have laser removal. I'm sure the Defiant could come up with something.
    of course...a complete and total makeover if you so choose.

+ Reply to Thread