+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Invasion consequences and ZOMG 500 invasions.

Ascendant

Default Invasion consequences and ZOMG 500 invasions.

Two sides of a coin.

There is no consequence for losing an invasion because they despawn in ten minutes.

ZOMG WTF there are 500 invasions on this foothold and I can't quest.

What if when an invasion creates a foothold by destroying a wardstone the whole camp or town becomes an invasion town. All invasions leave to another wardstone and the friendly NPCs then become invasion enemies. If all wardstones in a zone get taken over then the invasions disperse and patrol the zone. There would be one or two elites maybe three tops and the foothold in a town with several regular monsters. You can't turn in quests or vendor anything because there are only enemies in the camp but it wouldn't be too difficult to pick off the invaders one by one and reclaim your foothold.
    Chronicar Rank 6 mage
    <Squab Squad>

Ascendant

Personally I agree with you about a loss being nothing more but a slap on the wrist. The punishment for losing should be SEVERE..as we just let the world end. (although Silverwood and the Defiant newb area should be immune to this)

I don't really know what a fitting punishment would be though. What you say isn't bad, but it would encourage people to LET the events fail to get it to that point. Hah, maybe they can raid Sanctum or Meridian

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Zoam View Post
    Personally I agree with you about a loss being nothing more but a slap on the wrist. The punishment for losing should be SEVERE..as we just let the world end. (although Silverwood and the Defiant newb area should be immune to this)

I don't really know what a fitting punishment would be though. What you say isn't bad, but it would encourage people to LET the events fail to get it to that point. Hah, maybe they can raid Sanctum or Meridian
    I am not sure why people would let an invasion fail if they were literally going to take over your quest hub.
    Chronicar Rank 6 mage
    <Squab Squad>

Yes I want better punishment from failed events

Shadowlander

Would definitely need to take into consideration population. I've seen them trigger in zones with only 4-5 people in it on both sides late at night Even working together they might not be able to close the rifts and keep invasions off the ward stones. Having an invasion fail and shutting down their levelling would be extremely frustrating to people in those situations who only really have one zone to level in.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Pecan View Post
    Would definitely need to take into consideration population. I've seen them trigger in zones with only 4-5 people in it on both sides late at night Even working together they might not be able to close the rifts and keep invasions off the ward stones. Having an invasion fail and shutting down their levelling would be extremely frustrating to people in those situations who only really have one zone to level in.
    Yes it would completely shut down the zone but my suggestion makes it quite possible for 2 maybe even 1 person to come through and reclaim the territories 1 by 1. This fixes invasion pile ups while making it a problem not to win an invasion.
    Chronicar Rank 6 mage
    <Squab Squad>

Invasions happen often enough and are time consuming to participate in. Sometimes I log on and I don't feel like fighting off another time consuming invasion. Sometimes I just want to do a few quests, or explore a little whatever. Getting from place to place during invasions is hard enough as it is when you randomly encounter an invasion force and they just kill you.

I'm not saying all your ideas are bad, but making it so I am forced to participate in every invasion without the possibility of doing anything else... I'm totaly against that. It might not matter much if I was some level 50 character, but I'm not, I'm still low level.

+ Reply to Thread