+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Spit Ballin iDeA's

Shadowlander

Default Spit Ballin iDeA's

pets should be able to wear gear, if your going to send your pet into battle to fight with you , why leave it bare? it doesnt have to look like it has gear( although that would be amazing) but i think it would be elite. it would open up a whole new level of crafting, and it would make pets more interactive, not only do you have to fight with it, but you got to gear it up as well. this would give pets stats, and make the whole pets/companions a whole new world of expertise. how many other games have equips for their players companions? this would make rift unique, and well it would give people who have pets a chance to beef up their characters even more. NEXT LEVEL.

Ascendant

Souls with pets are generally already the highest DPS for a specific calling. Do you have any idea how powerful my skeleton would be with relic daggers? Ever been 1 shot by a pet? Also now rogues have to compete with warriors and mages for daggers. I would assume you would have to have only new crafted items for animal pets otherwise what is a wolf or boar going to equip?
    Last edited by Chronicar; 08-15-2011 at 09:34 AM.
    Chronicar Rank 6 mage
    <Squab Squad>

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Chronicar View Post
    Souls with pets are generally already the highest DPS for a specific calling. Do you have any idea how powerful my skeleton would be with relic daggers? Ever been 1 shot by a pet? Also now rogues have to compete with warriors and mages for daggers. I would assume you would have to have only new crafted items for animal pets otherwise what is a wolf or boar going to equip?
    im not saying weapons, im a beastmaster but armor would deffinatly be elite, you could put armor on a cat or on a skeleton no problem, and im sure if trion was to bring this in, they wouldnt make them op. they'd find a way to even it out, so that we wouldnt run into this problem, the gear that you can equip to your pet has to be made, and you cant jus put nything on your pet its certain "PET" equip only.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by SmokesAlotPot View Post
    im not saying weapons, im a beastmaster but armor would deffinatly be elite, you could put armor on a cat or on a skeleton no problem, and im sure if trion was to bring this in, they wouldnt make them op. they'd find a way to even it out, so that we wouldnt run into this problem, the gear that you can equip to your pet has to be made, and you cant jus put nything on your pet its certain "PET" equip only.
    Alright so then to have a viable pet spec you have to go craft the best pet gear otherwise your pet id completely gimped and useless?
    Chronicar Rank 6 mage
    <Squab Squad>

Shadowlander

Alright so then to have a viable pet spec you have to go craft the best pet gear otherwise your pet id completely gimped and useless?
    it would give those people with pets a thing to do? and armor could give slight buffs instead of large, so then it isnt needed but available. and im sure coming across armor wouldnt be hard, it could be dropped or sold in the auction house. ;)

Ascendant

The only way this would work is if fully equipping your pet would make them as strong as they are now. People don't usually like to babysit pets and making pets even a fraction stronger would make them pull even farther ahead in the DPS race. I wouldn't have any trouble with costumes for your pets though. Strictly cosmetic.
    Chronicar Rank 6 mage
    <Squab Squad>

Shadowlander

The only way this would work is if fully equipping your pet would make them as strong as they are now. People don't usually like to babysit pets and making pets even a fraction stronger would make them pull even farther ahead in the DPS race. I wouldn't have any trouble with costumes for your pets though. Strictly cosmetic.
    the world of trion would be able to even it out trust me, they made the game they know whats good, they'res formulas for everything nd all they have to do is change some. theres going to be pets stronger then others just as there are players stronger then others, its how it goes. you dont have to babysit them, if you find some pet gear put it on, the slight difference it makes, isnt going to make pets 1 hit people, it could just make them more durable, or even slightly stronger, if you were to give a pet some armor, its defence would go up, which would jus make it live longerr.

thats actually a good idea. time to suggest it.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by TheDrizzle404 View Post
    thats actually a good idea. time to suggest it.
    if you agree with what i say please try to show it, like it or something , im gunna be posting alot of theese new ideas, everytiem something comes to my head ill post it, hopefully it'll lead to something.

Ascendant

if you agree with what i say please try to show it, like it or something , im gunna be posting alot of theese new ideas, everytiem something comes to my head ill post it, hopefully it'll lead to something.
    I may be wrong but I think he likes the cosmetic only thing.
    Chronicar Rank 6 mage
    <Squab Squad>

Shadowlander

I may be wrong but I think he likes the cosmetic only thing.
    lol true, my bad,

lol true, my bad,
    *singing*
    i was gon' agree wit you, but then i got high.

Ascendant

lol true, my bad,
    No big deal. Please do not get discouraged. If you have suggestions please continue to post them, but my one suggestion to you is to make the titles of your suggestions something to do with your suggestions. It will help a lot in sorting through your posts and make it easier for people to see what it is you suggest.
    Chronicar Rank 6 mage
    <Squab Squad>

Shadowlander

if it was only cosmetic, the game would turn into a fashion show, i dont wanna jus dress my pets up nd see who can make theres look the prettiest,

if it was only cosmetic, the game would turn into a fashion show, i dont wanna jus dress my pets up nd see who can make theres look the prettiest,
    my "Blood Raptor Sexy Maid" costume would win.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast