+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Get rid of T1 dungeons! Make them all T2!

Default Get rid of T1 dungeons! Make them all T2!

Please get rid of T1 dungeons, take the current t1 dungeons and beef them up to be t2s. Take some of the gear and add it to the level 50 dungeons to smooth the curve up to t2.

This would give people more options for T2's.

Seriously?
    There are enough undergeared, clueless players in t2s as it is.
    As of 1.4 there's some raid quality gear that drops in t1s which is ludicrous and is giving me a reason to do them. I'm about to do my first KB ever since I skipped t1s when I hit 50 and spent a few days being carried.
    Nope.

Champion of Telara Silverangel69's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korrow View Post
    I think they should increase the plaques for T1's, specifically the daily. There is too much disparity.

For example, something like once per day you could get at least the same amount of plaques from a T1 daily as a non-daily T2. This would help you, if you just want more options, and it would also help people who are only doing T1's, in terms of queues and getting a few more quality, experienced people in the groups.
    Last edited by Silverangel69; 08-15-2011 at 08:13 AM.

Rift Chaser

Bad idea. The result would be a learning curve that's WAY too steep. Just add a few more T1 AND T2 dungeons for more variety.

Plane Walker

Seriously?
    First you complain about it...

.....I skipped t1s when I hit 50 and spent a few days being carried.
    Then you admit to having been an undergeared, clueless player in t2s... Share the love buddy. With the crafting gear availible its pretty easy to skip t1 now, and having a larger pool of t2 instances would be pretty cool. Just tune up the hp and damage of everything and you've got more content.

I hope you are nice to the guys who skip t1s and hit t2s with bare minimum requirements like you were able to do.

Prophet of Telara

Just make it so the lfg won't let you queue for T2 unless you've done the T1 circuit a set number of times.

If you want to run T2 undergeared with guildies or friends that's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    Seriously?
    As of 1.4 there's some raid quality gear that drops in t1s which is ludicrous and is giving me a reason to do them. I'm about to do my first KB ever since I skipped t1s when I hit 50 and spent a few days being carried.
    oh im saving this for when i get tired of my current quote-signature, of course itll need an ellipsis or 2

to the OP: imo, buff T1s to be like T2s, and buff T2s to be what they used to be, then require everyone run each T1 at least once to unlock T2s through the queuing system

Rift Disciple

I don't know if it requires buffing/nerfing, but I would love an incentive to visit the T1 dungeons.

Plane Walker

i had a "dps" in a t2 that was half greens and a tonne of valor gear. he was pushing 350 dps.

Was a joke tbh since my cleric spec was pushing 100dps and thats just spamming waterjet. sadly he was in the tanks guild so i couldn't ask him to leave but i let him die a lot. No spot heals for you undergeared tool.
    Last edited by XEshamX; 08-15-2011 at 02:57 PM.

Telaran

i couldn't ask him to leave but i let him die a lot. No spot heals for you undergeared tool.
    Which caused his dps to be even low. Way to think you did something cool while only being a jerk. Keep it up.

Your sort of on the right track imo. But i think there should be t1 and t1 as well as level 50 versions of all the dungeons.

It should go in difficulty like this

normal
    T1
    T2
    I know its sort of set up that way but it bounces around to much one which ones are which. Just make versions of all of them.

Also do away with the versions sharing the same daily.
    Right now if i que up for any thing but t2 i lose out on rewards.
    So why in the world would i que up for a normal or t1 and lose out on a raid plaque and 3 normal plaque's?

Quote Originally Posted by Korrow View Post
    Please get rid of T1 dungeons, take the current t1 dungeons and beef them up to be t2s. Take some of the gear and add it to the level 50 dungeons to smooth the curve up to t2.

NO
    First thing that happenes is everyone comes here to complain how hard they are, then nerf's then of course there was no learning curve, so suddenly raids are to hard.
    Then we might as well be in WoW

The two tiered dungeons are an excellent idea, and they form a part of a circuit, if you chose to skip them and get carried well good for you bad for your groups.

I do agree with another poster though that they should drop more plaques.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSquirrel View Post
    but, but...games are serious business!!!
    People need to realize that games are meant for fun. If you don't like a game then move on. Save your rage and qq for real issues.

I do not agree with the OP's request,my reasoning is as follows;

Rift is showing itself to be a game with high player churn or turnover. While my guild is holding relatively steady at around 20-30 raid ready players, we have less than ten originals still playing the game on any server.

New players are joining and levelling at a rate of 3-5 a month and they are slotting into T1s nicely.

IMHO;

If you restructure the game to "only" suit people approaching raid readiness rather than the new players, stick a fork in it the game is dead, done and dusted.

OP, IMHO, If more t2 options are needed, add new content.

Good luck

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Shioc View Post
    NO
    First thing that happenes is everyone comes here to complain how hard they are, then nerf's then of course there was no learning curve, so suddenly raids are to hard.
    Then we might as well be in WoW

The two tiered dungeons are an excellent idea, and they form a part of a circuit, if you chose to skip them and get carried well good for you bad for your groups.

I do agree with another poster though that they should drop more plaques.
    I prefered the old t1/t2 dungeons.. The old t1 dungeons were essentially the difficulty of the current t2 dungeons (while t2 dungeons atm are nowhere near as hard as they used to be)

The two tiered dungeon set is good.. but there is absolutely no incentive to run t1's because a single t2 blue is better than any t1 purple.. If you look at time investment & the random rewards.. (and even moreso now that you can get marks).. there just isn't a reason to run t1's more than once imho...
    "Power is neccessary because conflict will never dissappear"

Quote Originally Posted by tuluka View Post
    First you complain about it...

Then you admit to having been an undergeared, clueless player in t2s... Share the love buddy. With the crafting gear availible its pretty easy to skip t1 now, and having a larger pool of t2 instances would be pretty cool. Just tune up the hp and damage of everything and you've got more content.

I hope you are nice to the guys who skip t1s and hit t2s with bare minimum requirements like you were able to do.
    That's why I'm complaining about it, I know I was a real pain for the other people in my t2s to have to carry. I didn't make my point very well.
    Nope.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast