+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why'd you do that?

Default Why'd you do that?

Things like "aggressive block" (Paladin skill) used to display a little phantom shield the whole time it was active, and I find that to be a very useful visual cue.

Why in the name of sam hill did ya make it fade after a few seconds? - I feel like the hit missed or something...

Please PUT IT BACK!
    I'm lost.
    I've gone to find myself.
    If I should return before I get back,
    please ask me to wait!

Soulwalker

While I understand the visual benefit (though if you use the right macros then you won't need it) I am SO glad it isn't there. It drove me NUTS seeing it. I don't want some weird ghost shield on my back. I'm game for FEWER magical effects. I prefer Dark Fantasy where magic is rare and special, not HIGH fantasy where if I fart it glitters and has a rainbow bloom of color effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Cahlwyn View Post
    While I understand the visual benefit (though if you use the right macros then you won't need it) I am SO glad it isn't there. It drove me NUTS seeing it. I don't want some weird ghost shield on my back. I'm game for FEWER magical effects. I prefer Dark Fantasy where magic is rare and special, not HIGH fantasy where if I fart it glitters and has a rainbow bloom of color effects.
    Well...

We're either fallen heros chosen by the Gods and brought to life, empowered with holy magic to be able to use magic and be guided by the souls of three fallen champions...

Or...

Fallen heroes brought back to life by machines, so we could use magic and be guided by three souls, and then sent back in time to use our magic to fight evil....

So, we are by definition ALL magic. We can ALL do magic. We can ALL master magic. This is very much a High Fantasy. Magic is the main theme of both races. Magi-tech and Holy Power.
    127% of internet statistics are made up on the spot.

Never trust obscure quotes from famous people on the internet. -George Washington

+ Reply to Thread