+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Suggestions for Cleric Tanking

Default Suggestions for Cleric Tanking

Recent updates have improved the situation for high-end Justicars, but they still fall short of Warriors and even Rogues when compared. As a way of clearing the air, I view Warriors as the most versatile Tanks, and Rogues and Clerics need to be able to compete at that level while each specializing in their own way (such as Rogue mobility, and Cleric healing).

To that end, I feel like Cleric Tanks are falling short on threat management and, as many parsers could tell you, magic mitigation.

Here are a few tentative suggestions (consider these as examples whose values can be shifted; I don't have a good eye for guessing proper values)

Thorvin's Law Your Precept of Refuge reduces the non-Physical damage you receive by 5/10%. Additionally, non-Physical damage that you receive is reduced by 2/4% for each stack of Conviction on the Cleric.

Light Makes Right While Mein of Leadership is active, overhealing from Reparation generates additional threat. While Mein of Honor is active, overhealing on the target of your Righteous Mandate will add a stack of "Righteousness", which shields the target for 20% of your Spell Power. Max of 3 stacks, target can only gain a stack once every 5 seconds.*

* Omit this as necessary; the focus is on the threat generation from overhealing.

Censure An admonishing strike that deals weapon plus 18 to 20 Life Damage, in addition to causing any Justicar damaging abilities to deal an additional 12 Life Damage over 6 seconds.

Additions to this suggestion are welcome, as are discussions about which seem necessary and which may not.
    Last edited by Morvick; 08-14-2011 at 02:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

Soulwalker

Default Brilliant

I have cruised these forums since the game has come out and this is the first suggestion on cleric tanking that keeps them under the other two in overall capabilities, yet fixes clerics problems. I like that it keeps warriors well ahead of clerics. While keeping the Mein of Leadership part, I do not think the Mein of honor part needs to be included though. Trion take notes.
    Last edited by Frenia; 08-14-2011 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenia View Post
    I have cruised these forums since the game has come out and this is the first suggestion on cleric tanking that keeps them under the other two in overall capabilities, yet fixes clerics problems. I like that it keeps warriors well ahead of clerics. While keeping the Mein of Leadership part, I do not think the Mein of honor part needs to be included though. Trion take notes.
    I feel like it's a bit awkward leaving out Mein of Honor when considering something like my proposed reform of Light Makes Right.

While driving, I rethought the idea;

"...While Mein of Honor is active, overhealing on the target of your Righteous Mandate will add a shield of "Righteousness" which reduces incoming damage by 5% and lasts 5 seconds."

There was another idea for a spell, namely one which would make use of Righteous Mandate in more interesting ways. Again, merely for consideration;

Sworn Oath The Cleric leaps to the location of the target of their Righteous Mandate if the path is clear, and reduces the damage that the target of their Righteous Mandate takes by 50% for 3 seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

+ Reply to Thread