+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Yolen

Thread: Besieged Realities

Default Besieged Realities

Besieged Realities are kind of PvE Warfronts where players cooperate to defend other realities from serious planar invasions requiring coordination, assuming roles, skill and good gear.

You join a queue and when 7-10 people gather you enter an instance that can be a copy of for example Fortune Shore but very weathered with barricades and many guards. Wave after wave after wave of increasing number and difficulty of invasions incoming, minibosses, colossi etc. With each wave finished you gain increasing rewards varying in form like new artifact sets, pets, costume items, WICKED planarite/stones (for new items brought form Alternate Reality vendor) also sometimes powerful gear for your class.

Final stages require skill and are aimed at T2/R1 crowd. Since it works like Warfront, you can join and leave whenever you want, but the more stages you pass, the more chance at awesome loot!
    Grim Yollidan the Insomniac, Blightweald EU
    WARNING! Treating my posts too seriously is not advised. Reading may cause headaches, anger, disbelief and nausea. If you find yourself in any of these conditions, please consult your psychotherapist... or your mom. Also cry a river and use a steamboat to cross it. You have been warned!

Completing Besieged Reality should take about 40-60 minutes WITH final stage.

There is a possibility of minibosses and colossi being somewhat random.
    WARNING! Treating my posts too seriously is not advised. Reading may cause headaches, anger, disbelief and nausea. If you find yourself in any of these conditions, please consult your psychotherapist... or your mom. Also cry a river and use a steamboat to cross it. You have been warned!

I love this idea...Or just like...an open world PvE area (Hopefully Planetouched Wilds) with the next patch.

DONT FORGET THE WORLD BOSSES /glare Trion
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    Your opinion is wrong and you should feel bad for sharing it with the world.
    11/11 HK(World top 10), 4/4 ROTP, Greenscale/RoS Current-Content Conqueror, GP Cleared, TDH Cleared.

Prestige Rank 8 in a weekend baby.

Damn good idea

I like this idea, but it seems like something that you could just spam over and over to totally gear out your character, and bypass all the raids. If you put some kind of limit on the amount of gear you could get, this wouldn't be a bad idea.

This would be either on daily limit or there would be a daily quest to finish one Reality for a token needed to purchase gear. Or something like that...

Since the incoming of the Instant Adventures, I would like to revisit my old idea of Besieged Realities!

It kinda reminds me of what Blizzard was talking lately of PvE Warfronts. This would work kind of the same.

BUT!

It would start when minimum amount of people is gathered.

It would then SCALE appropriately with wave number and amount of people, so that it would ALWAYS be a challenge, and an increasing one to boot with increasing rewards.

There would be of course few seconds rest between waves to drink (possibly decreasing further the road).

Possibly End rewards would be consisting of CHESTES of certain rarities (differing based on average level/worth of loot inside) that can be only opened ONCE a day! So you can hoard chests and then open one each day giving you a choice of WHEN and how many BR you want to do, BUT limiting the loot gained per week.

Seeing as defending the wardstones in EI is somewhat popular and definitely the best part of IA - TRION Y U NO pu this?

What's the main difference between this and usual EI defensive action? Rewards! Better scaling!

this is an idea i can get behind. seems like a fairly logical next step for instant adventure.
    "I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won."

A few changes:

- Considering difficulty going up to T1.5-T2 raid.
    - Instanced areas are mostly low-level.
    - Probable discovery of Besieged Realities tied to Orphiel's work. Both sides treat this as a "training ground" for when bad stuff hits the fan.
    - Twisted planarite is a result of wicked planar energies at work in another realities that have already almost fallen to the hands of the Blood storm. It is considered very valuable.
    - Possibility of planar gear sets tied to this content as a gear/costumes.
    - Possibility of beginning phase being a "recapture".

+ Reply to Thread