+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Add a Synthesis ability to support souls buffs

Plane Walker

Default Add a Synthesis ability to support souls buffs

In PvP and in small group areas(t1/t2/etc)...the support soul is told not to come along as the buffs do not outweigh the loss in dps.

But similarly to synthesis and LBV/LGV, where healing can be toggled group or single target , maybe we could get a group/ST toggle ability for support souls.

The idea behind it, is that the INCREASE from buffs is doubled or tripled when applied to a single target(namely SELF)

for archon with sythesis self buff ex:
    INT/WIS +150% from pill stones
    Casting speed -.75
    GCD-.25
    but my fave idea is the +armor.....yall can worry about the appropriate balance......but this also could be a way to insert the mage tank(Archon, self buffed synthesis adds dmg mitigation at 51 burning purpose ability plus the Armor boost)

self buffed abilities on 1 min auras vs 5 mins(harder to maintain)

anyway rambling now, but the idea is to a support soul into a DPS or Tank, with the ability of only buffing self.

Champion of Telara Silverangel69's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by quicklikesloth View Post
    anyway rambling now, but the idea is to a support soul into a DPS or Tank, with the ability of only buffing self.
    Wouldn't this just give them full DPS as well as have all of their support powers, and be unbalanced? Have to disagree that support is mostly useless. I've seen wipes saved many times in 5-person dungeons with a support role, even in groups that thought they didn't need it. One of the last dungeons I did, the cleric got locked out of the boss by the barrier, and I managed to main heal the whole thing.
    Last edited by Silverangel69; 08-14-2011 at 10:22 AM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Silverangel69 View Post
    Wouldn't this just give them full DPS as well as have all of their support powers, and be unbalanced?
    it's an either/or toggle not both.

the OP would maybe come from archon hybrids(self-buffed+DPS soul)..ie cast speed/GCD buff to pyro

current specs of archon wouldn't change for group buffs, only the self buff synthesis(bigger buff for single player).....open world PvE self buff for more armor and more dps for the archon...no heals tho

But if DPS(self buff) is an issue, I guess for Mage at least, Archon could be made into the "buffer" or the "tank" so that the Soul has dual purpose.

as far as I know each soul in Mage has viable hybrids....dom/warlock/elem/necro/pyro/storm/chloro......Archon on the other hand is a 51pt tree only build.....as in if Archon is spec'd it's at best 11 points or under(remaining pts for pillage buff, maybe mana regen), or a 51pt build for group buffs.

Synthesis can be a 28-31 pt ability to refrain from OP hybrids...and the 51pt Burn Purpose can convert to a tank spec with synthesis.

+ Reply to Thread