+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jereome

Thread: Make armor usefull.

Champion of Telara

Default Make armor usefull.

Make it so that armor reduces damage from magical and non magical damage alike.

With the warrior nerf they need to have some form of survivability, and unlike the other class's they have no reliable healing or escape methods like slip away etc.

Make it so that all armors are of some worth, plate, chain, leather.

It was just sad seeing them in the open world after the hot fix, and this is from a lowly cleric.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Ogmodon View Post

With the warrior nerf they need to have some form of survivability, and unlike the other class's they have no reliable healing or escape methods like slip away etc.

It was just sad seeing them in the open world after the hot fix, and this is from a lowly cleric.

If you do this one would need to UP all magical DPS... all of it. Warriors get what sort of mitigation with armor? 60%. That right there is more than possible with valor bonus. Thats like have double valor vs magic. So sure if one raises magic dps by 50% maybe. Then you get the problem of Cabalist One Spell One kill mages because they get maybe 25% armor. And with Magic being upped 50% to make up for the Armor "buff" it would screw over mages and rogues. ((Who have crap armor anyways.)) So A stormcaller to make up for the armor buff doing 50% more damage.... can we say Roasted Rogues and Mages?

Sorry but this seems like a good idea maybe from the PvE side of the house but from the PvP side of the house it is terrible. At least thats how I see a bonus of 60% mitigation vs all magic....

I mean whats the point of resistances when one can stack more armor?

Heck a mage would have the equivalent resistances of what? How much resistances does one need to get around 25% in each and every magic resist?

one word:

Void.
    I'm lost.
    I've gone to find myself.
    If I should return before I get back,
    please ask me to wait!

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Ogmodon View Post

Agreed armor should be more useful than it is, but not in the way that your saying.

Armor should be more balanced than it is, because frankly Cloth sucks compared to plate so it should be buffed with magical resists to balance this out.

So my idea is that the less physical mitigation the armor has the more magical mitigation it comes with. So when it comes to magical mitigation Mage > Rogue > Cleric > Warrior.

Right now I don't think there is much of a difference between cloth and plate. What's different is the valor values. I've seen a Mage tank 4 guys and I've seen a Warrior get dropped in seconds. The more valor you have, the more survivability you have.
    Got an itch for anime? Visit my anime thread here!
    Nexiga
    Retired from Rift

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by jereome View Post
    Agreed armor should be more useful than it is, but not in the way that your saying.

Armor should be more balanced than it is, because frankly Cloth sucks compared to plate so it should be buffed with magical resists to balance this out.

So my idea is that the less physical mitigation the armor has the more magical mitigation it comes with. So when it comes to magical mitigation Mage > Rogue > Cleric > Warrior.

Alright but that still would require a boost of say 10-15% magic damage over the board. I like the idea of blues and higher giving innate spell resists. But that does make some sense and it makes magic resists more in line rather than just what your source engine has to say.

It would make mage v mage fights much longer while warrior v warrior fights I don't really know but I heard two VK tanks going at each other can take a while just like two clerics fighting one another.

If you add spell resistance to armor one would HAVE to add focus to PvP weapons. As players would have much higher resists. And of course would have to add a damage bump to spell damage to compensate for the newfound resists.

But overall I do agree about the classes having magical mitigation based on armor type. So long as magic damage is bumped to compensate and focus be added to the pvp weapons.

+ Reply to Thread