+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cabalist "Balancing chages".

Default Cabalist "Balancing chages".

So I have no desire to debate what's considered OP, and wether cab changes were justified or not. I just think it was extremely inconsiderate of Trion to nerf my class that I have 51 points in without giving me the typical free respec. I put in a support ticket, and got a response like: We nerfed yer class and didn't give you a respec lawl. Yeah, thanks, that's why I put in the ticket.
    Last edited by Sinndel; 08-14-2011 at 05:34 AM.
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndel View Post
    So I have no desire to debate what's considered OP, and wether cab changes were justified or not. I just think it was extremely inconsiderate of Trion to nerf my class that I have 51 points in without giving me the typical free respec. I put in a support ticket, and got a response like: We nerfed yer class and didn't give you a respec lawl. Yeah, thanks, that's why I put in the ticket.
    As a cleric, unless you're a calculated part of a well formed premade, your WF pug probably need you to be healing.

I laugh my arse off when I look at the chart and see (random cleric) did 300k damage in a WF and had zero kills.

Quote Originally Posted by Geistcreeper View Post
    As a cleric, unless you're a calculated part of a well formed premade, your WF pug probably need you to be healing.

I laugh my arse off when I look at the chart and see (random cleric) did 300k damage in a WF and had zero kills.
    What does this have to do with my free respec?
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Geistcreeper View Post

Geesh Geistcreeper, did you ever stop to think all those AoE bombz going off helped YOU (if you dps) or others finish off some peeps? .

Cabs do 2 things VERY well, apply lots of pressure dmg and CCs (well, used to anyway lol, GTAE are meh).

Cabs don't focus on single targets, R t a r d, we AoE bomb.

And the "clerics should only heal" thing is getting so tiresome, if you wanna heal, roll one. Peeps like you are why so many of us clerics stopped healing at all, GG.
    Last edited by Morguloth; 08-14-2011 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Belpheghor View Post
    Geesh Geistcreeper, did you ever stop to think all those AoE bombz going off helped YOU (if you dps) or others finish off some peeps? .

Cabs do 2 things VERY well, apply lots of pressure dmg and CCs (well, used to anyway lol, GTAE are meh).

Cabs don't focus on single targets, R t a r d, we AoE bomb.

And the "clerics should only heal" thing is getting so tiresome, if you wanna heal, roll one. Peeps like you are why so many of us clerics stopped healing at all, GG.
    While mostly true, this still has nothing to do with Trion not giving free respecs to cabs when they nerfed them.

Banned

What does this have to do with my free respec?
    Wow 50 whole gold.....

Quote Originally Posted by Auchter View Post
    Wow 50 whole gold.....
    Are you offering to pay me?

nerf'd your ability's damage =/= changed abilities and therefore the spec

thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDrizzle404 View Post
    nerf'd your ability's damage =/= changed abilities and therefore the spec

thats why.
    That's funny, I have to rebuild my justicar spec every single patch when they fix spelling mistakes, but can't get a free respec for a build that is no longer appealing to play.
    Last edited by Sinndel; 08-15-2011 at 11:35 AM.

can you give me an example of a time theyve given a free respec when the only thing changed was a descriptive text?

can you give me an example of a time theyve given a free respec when the only thing changed was a descriptive text?
    I should start putting a disclaimer on my sarcasm, "not to be taken literally". No, I can't but at one point I literally had to rebuild my Justicar build 5 times in the same week, because of changes that actually buffed the overall power of the class, but didn't add anything new, so I would at least expect when they go in reverse and nerf a classes strengths, they would offer the same courtesy, especially since I had just built the role less than 3 days before the nerf.

well then, while i feel deep sorry for the loss of your intense dps, id suggest moving on and doing a complete and total reevaluation of your build and paying the 50 gold manually. what doesnt kill you makes you stronger. use your rage to slay 5 Rift creatures and regain your wealth. channel it into a farming fury. like the phoenix, rise from the ashes better and stronger than you were before.

well then, while i feel deep sorry for the loss of your intense dps, id suggest moving on and doing a complete and total reevaluation of your build and paying the 50 gold manually. what doesnt kill you makes you stronger. use your rage to slay 5 Rift creatures and regain your wealth. channel it into a farming fury. like the phoenix, rise from the ashes better and stronger than you were before.
    Well thanks for your oppinion, and I appreciate the free bumps, but I'm not happy being complacent about something that just isn't right. Even if nothing comes of this suggestion, it has been suggested, and I'm much happier with that than doing nothing.

Well thanks for your oppinion, and I appreciate the free bumps, but I'm not happy being complacent about something that just isn't right. Even if nothing comes of this suggestion, it has been suggested, and I'm much happier with that than doing nothing.
    joking aside, what exactly was your suggestion? free respec any time a soul name is mentioned in any patch notes?

joking aside, what exactly was your suggestion? free respec any time a soul name is mentioned in any patch notes?
    Pretty much, assuming the mention isn't in regards to a spelling error, or mistake in the tooltip. I might also draw the line if the class is getting a buff, and not a nerf. But pretty much if a class is altered from what it was when you specced it, you should get a respec.

+ Reply to Thread