+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Healing Companions!

Default Healing Companions!

With SWTORs companion idea & this quote by Licentia

"There's not an infinite supply of healers. They're not NPCs. Trion can't just make more on demand. If there are no healers from your faction in the queue, guess what? No healers for you!"

Why not add companions to Rift that can heal you! You could even buy them wardrobe stuff.

I'm only a 1/10th serious but hey, mages have tank pets.

Rift Disciple

Because then the game becomes Diablo 2 and no matter what class you are, you min/max until you have no weaknesses. Then the game becomes Guild Wars 3 and everybody can do everything, removing the point of even needing to choose your calling at the character creation screen.
    Last edited by Xandaroth; 08-14-2011 at 06:28 AM.

Druids' faerie pets have healing spells. But they aren't meant to act as a source of main heals.

If everyone had main-healing pets, why would anyone ever make a healer? o_O I would be out of a job.

DEY TUK ER JERBS!!

cleric - faeblight - <legacy of the covenant>

Isn't it better to make healing more fun?

Is there even something like DoK in Rift with melee healing? Or like the Archmage with building positive/negative energy?

Doubt it. Still a lot of room for improvement...
    Grim Yollidan the Insomniac, Blightweald EU
    WARNING! Treating my posts too seriously is not advised. Reading may cause headaches, anger, disbelief and nausea. If you find yourself in any of these conditions, please consult your psychotherapist... or your mom. Also cry a river and use a steamboat to cross it. You have been warned!

Telaran

No! Do not take my job away! I enjoy my instant to two minute wait in queue for a random dungeon!

Quote Originally Posted by Yolen View Post
    Isn't it better to make healing more fun?

Is there even something like DoK in Rift with melee healing? Or like the Archmage with building positive/negative energy?

Doubt it. Still a lot of room for improvement...
    DOK and BG were my two favorite classes. And I loved Archmage as well.

Rift does have melee healers; Justicar and Sentinel paired with either Shaman (melee), Cabalist (ranged), Druid (melee) or Inquisitor (range) play very similar in theory to a DOK/AM.

The only missing component is the tertiary resource.
    Last edited by titansgrip; 08-14-2011 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vertigale View Post
    Druids' faerie pets have healing spells. But they aren't meant to act as a source of main heals.

If everyone had main-healing pets, why would anyone ever make a healer? o_O I would be out of a job.

DEY TUK ER JERBS!!
    Detukrjubs!
    127% of internet statistics are made up on the spot.

Never trust obscure quotes from famous people on the internet. -George Washington

+ Reply to Thread