+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can you chill out on the NPC chat spam in cities?

Soulwalker

Default Can you chill out on the NPC chat spam in cities?

I don't know what the Guardian city is like but it is starting to get on my case that I have to run to some far flung corner of the city in order to be able to read my guild chat and tells without 400 NPC's roaming around spamming the same thing over and over again. I understand that some flavor is appreciated but it is getting out of control when I afk for 30 seconds and have to scroll up through 5 pages of Rambling Citizens going "I'm Free!" or some idiot talking about how bad of a dancer everyone is. I shouldn't have to have 4 chat windows open so I can filter this nonsense out of my main window. Can you please just cut it out? Cities are where people idle and chat with their guild and/or friends. You are making it really annoying to do that.

Go to Console Settings and then Game Messages and turn off NPC Say.

Yah, that's what I ended up doing, especially during the final phase of the last event. Man, was there a lot of NPC spam. My city chat is pretty clean now...

Soulwalker

Well I don't want to turn all of it off. Some of it is actually pretty amusing. I am just looking at the stupid even NPC's Trion likes to put in that do nothing but flip out and spam my chat buffer.

Quote Originally Posted by puddle View Post
    Well I don't want to turn all of it off. Some of it is actually pretty amusing. I am just looking at the stupid even NPC's Trion likes to put in that do nothing but flip out and spam my chat buffer.
    You can still see their chat bubbles. Just doesn't fill chat channels with fluff spam.

Ascendant

I wish they would lower the say radius so that you could escape them without running to a far flung area of the city.

This suggestion has also been brought up in RP forums.... You are RP'ing a conversation with someone out side but can clearly hear what the people inside are saying. Shouldn't work that way.

Prophet of Telara

create a new chat tab for npcs
    turn off npc say
    ahhhh, soo many options in just 5 seconds of thinking

Quote Originally Posted by Milyssa View Post
    I wish they would lower the say radius so that you could escape them without running to a far flung area of the city.

This suggestion has also been brought up in RP forums.... You are RP'ing a conversation with someone out side but can clearly hear what the people inside are saying. Shouldn't work that way.
    the /say radius is a bit too large (especially for RP).

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by m1nus View Post
    create a new chat tab for npcs
    turn off npc say
    ahhhh, soo many options in just 5 seconds of thinking
    Read the thread before making a total moron of yourself.

+ Reply to Thread