+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Nerf konstantine.

Soulwalker

Default Nerf konstantine.

The extra boss in Tier(s) King's Breach is rediculously overpowered. In Tier 1 for sure. I'm not certain about Tier 2. The spikes deal too much damage. Paying attention to your cooldowns, aggro, life, healer's mana, and other spikes is too much. Some people may not have problems with this boss, but everyone I have encounteder does. Very few have cleared him. VERY VERY few. Only one person of the (around) 15 I asked.
    Please take into heart, this is a Tier 1, not a Tier 2, you don't need to completely massacre us.

Champion of Telara Silverangel69's Avatar

Agree, fwiw. Another reason to skip T1's and go to T2's. >.>
    Last edited by Silverangel69; 08-13-2011 at 07:31 AM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Rolark View Post
    The extra boss in Tier(s) King's Breach is rediculously overpowered. In Tier 1 for sure. I'm not certain about Tier 2. The spikes deal too much damage. Paying attention to your cooldowns, aggro, life, healer's mana, and other spikes is too much. Some people may not have problems with this boss, but everyone I have encounteder does. Very few have cleared him. VERY VERY few. Only one person of the (around) 15 I asked.
    Please take into heart, this is a Tier 1, not a Tier 2, you don't need to completely massacre us.
    stop playing with baddies.

I have done this fight in 20+ pugs on various characters and have never failed to kill him.
    The fight is easy for everyone but the tank.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vashane View Post
    I would just like to add, I sure hope they don't add something to this game before they add something else that is totally unrelated to the thing they might add, because that would really tick me off or something if they added it first before the thing that should be added first even though its totally unrelated like, you know?

Ascendant

This one comes entirely down to the tank and how good he is at moving around without letting anyone near the name, while dodging spikes at the same time.

This is probably my favorite fight out of all the expert dungeons. Possible contender being Scarn.
    I'M RIFTSTALKING YOUR MUM!

I've found that Warriors are like Feminists. They want equality when it suits them, but the rest of the time they want to be treated special.

Rift Chaser

Someone elaborate for the OP a little though:

What do you do, as a successful group, when you go in to beat him? What are your class mixes? Any special positioning and or distancing?

Clearly he's having a problem, he's said so. Clearly some of you aren't, and you've said so. But no one's said the how or why of it.

Sorry you have had a hard time with him, but as stated before me its one of the easiest fights in T1...it's tank/spank cept for when he rages....you can heal through the spikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Weathersky View Post

What do you do, as a successful group, when you go in to beat him? What are your class mixes? Any special positioning and or distancing?

Clearly he's having a problem, he's said so. Clearly some of you aren't, and you've said so. But no one's said the how or why of it.
    Tank him against the back wall, when he enrages you run around the pillar back to tanking spot, all dps stand at doorway and pew pew, spikes are not hard to avoid and you really do not have to avoid as they can be healed through.

Alright. Make sure you have a Off Healer, because most likely the people in your group are going to get hit with the spikes. Range DPS and Heals are going to sit by the right pole aiming their camera at one of the circles in the middle. When light shoots up from the holes, it means spikes are coming up there. When light shoots up where your standing, move as a group to one of the middle circles. Then when light shoots up in the middle, move back to the pillar(do not stand right next to the pillar because spikes do spawn there) Better yet, mark the person who does know how to do the encounter and follow him. You'll get the pattern.

For the Tank it's a bit different. He's going to start at the left pole but same rules apply, move circles when spikes come up. When Konstantine goes into the enrage stage(mathosian fury or something) a raid warning will pop up. What your tank needs to do is kite the boss around the left pillar moving from the circle around the pillar to the circles at the outside of the room(avoiding spikes). A Bard speed buff will help here. After the boss has gone back to the first phase you will run back to the first position and repeat until dead.

...Don't even use melee dps until you figure out the mechanics of the fight.
    Got an itch for anime? Visit my anime thread here!
    Nexiga
    Retired from Rift

Quote Originally Posted by Weathersky View Post

There are strats for this fight all over the place. But

Tank pulls him away from the group to one of the pillars.
    All DPS should be ranged. I have never seen a melee DPS survive this fight.
    The easy mode way to do this fight (without exploit) is to have everyone stack at range and have a MH and a good aoe support, bard or inquisitor is best.
    The tank needs to run around the pillar to avoid the fury when K casts it. If tue tank sucks at spike dancing he can just stand still, except during the fury, and have the MH heal rough the spike damage.
    The rest of the group can stand still and eat the spike damage and have the support keep them topped up. A lot of the time groups do more damage to themselves by trying to dance then if they had just stood still. All of the damage occurs when the spikes are raised so standing in or running onto tue spikes does no damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vashane View Post
    I would just like to add, I sure hope they don't add something to this game before they add something else that is totally unrelated to the thing they might add, because that would really tick me off or something if they added it first before the thing that should be added first even though its totally unrelated like, you know?

no, stop nerfing experts, BUFF them

just because something requires thought doesnt mean its too hard, people need to try thinking, experts should be just that, experts, for expert players, not able to lolfacerolled in 30min by a pug with a bard main healing...

Rift Disciple

This fight already got nerfed hard, spikes used to nearly kill you instead of taking off about 1/5 of your health. One heal and you're topped up again.

Ziw
    Shadowlander

I think this boss fight is one of the best in the t1/2 game, I loved doing it as a tank. The fight mechanics are easy to pick up and you get punnished for screwing them up, I think this is how ALL boss fights should be.

Konstantin already had been nerfed...If your group cannot figure it out, you should be running Normal CC, and AP still.

It took our group a few tries, but all it is in common sense, I hope whoever was messing up doesn't get into any of my raids..

have your casters go to the right side of the room in the middle of 2 different spike area's, ta-dah. Have your tank kite him from one side, to the other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    Your opinion is wrong and you should feel bad for sharing it with the world.
    11/11 HK(World top 10), 4/4 ROTP, Greenscale/RoS Current-Content Conqueror, GP Cleared, TDH Cleared.

Prestige Rank 8 in a weekend baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnova View Post
    There are strats for this fight all over the place. But

Tank pulls him away from the group to one of the pillars.
    All DPS should be ranged. I have never seen a melee DPS survive this fight.
    The easy mode way to do this fight (without exploit) is to have everyone stack at range and have a MH and a good aoe support, bard or inquisitor is best.
    The tank needs to run around the pillar to avoid the fury when K casts it. If tue tank sucks at spike dancing he can just stand still, except during the fury, and have the MH heal rough the spike damage.
    The rest of the group can stand still and eat the spike damage and have the support keep them topped up. A lot of the time groups do more damage to themselves by trying to dance then if they had just stood still. All of the damage occurs when the spikes are raised so standing in or running onto tue spikes does no damage.
    I melee this fight every time i do KB. Anything to make it harder.

I wouldn't melee until your are 100% positive you can do this fight without getting hit with spikes though!
    Got an itch for anime? Visit my anime thread here!
    Nexiga
    Retired from Rift

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast