+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mathius123

Thread: Please make it so it ports new members to the group's location.

Sword of Telara

Default Please make it so it ports new members to the group's location.

That's all. Thanks.
    Hi. I don't care. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathius123 View Post
    That's all. Thanks.
    please be more vague about the topic you are commenting on.

i'm pretty sure a guild rally banner doesn't teleport you anywhere but where the guild rally banner is. but i'm not a trustworthy source as i've been kicked from every guild i've been in for QQing about the little things on the forums.

p.s. don't like running back through the dungeon? stop wiping
    Do I look like a troll?

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Fritzlfire View Post
    please be more vague about the topic you are commenting on.

i'm pretty sure a guild rally banner doesn't teleport you anywhere but where the guild rally banner is. but i'm not a trustworthy source as i've been kicked from every guild i've been in for QQing about the little things on the forums.

p.s. don't like running back through the dungeon? stop wiping
    You've never done a dungeon and had someone disconnect or leave when you're at the last boss and have to wait for the person to run the entire distance of the dungeon? I love how you jumped to the conclusion it had something to do with running back from wiping. How that fit into what I was asking is beyond me.
    Last edited by Mathius123; 08-12-2011 at 08:14 PM.

Banned

Pretty sure the OP is referring to the following situation (which happens more than people seem to think).

1) On way/Arrive at final boss.
    2) Someone disconnects/leaves group/takes an extended "AFK"
    3) Said person is kicked and/or replaced
    4) New person joins dungeon
    5) Rest of group has to wait for new member to walk all the way through
    6) Wait even longer if the group has taken a route that skipped mobs and the runner finds this out the hard way
    7) Someone else gets fed up and leaves
    8) Move to step 3

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosInc View Post
    Pretty sure the OP is referring to the following situation (which happens more than people seem to think).

1) On way/Arrive at final boss.
    2) Someone disconnects/leaves group/takes an extended "AFK"
    3) Said person is kicked and/or replaced
    4) New person joins dungeon
    5) Rest of group has to wait for new member to walk all the way through because he's too stupid to realize there's a teleporter that takes you about half way through. He probably should be votekicked if he's too dumb to realize this.
    6) Wait even longer if the group has taken a route that skipped mobs and the runner finds this out the hard way
    7) Someone else gets fed up and leaves
    8) Move to step 3
    How often do people disconnect or leave in the middle of dungeons? I've never had it happen to me.
    Do I look like a troll?

Quote Originally Posted by Mathius123 View Post
    You've never done a dungeon and had someone disconnect or leave when you're at the last boss and have to wait for the person to run the entire distance of the dungeon? I love how you jumped to the conclusion it had something to do with running back from wiping. How that fit into what I was asking is beyond me.
    My problem with your post was that you came off as a whiny ***** who assumed that everyone immediately knew what he was talking about after making a concise and vague QQ post.
    Do I look like a troll?

The problem is that as soon as a feature like this is added people start trying to exploit it anyway they can.
    The longest it take to run through a dungeon is 5 minutes. If the group has elected to skip trash and not clear portals that is a poor decision on their part.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vashane View Post
    I would just like to add, I sure hope they don't add something to this game before they add something else that is totally unrelated to the thing they might add, because that would really tick me off or something if they added it first before the thing that should be added first even though its totally unrelated like, you know?

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Gnova View Post
    The problem is that as soon as a feature like this is added people start trying to exploit it anyway they can.
    The longest it take to run through a dungeon is 5 minutes. If the group has elected to skip trash and not clear portals that is a poor decision on their part.
    Exploit it how? When you click Seek Help and someone joins the group, porting them to you is not game breaking in any capacity.

Sword of Telara

How often do people disconnect or leave in the middle of dungeons? I've never had it happen to me.
    You must not play very much or at all if this has "never" happened to you.

Sword of Telara

My problem with your post was that you came off as a whiny ***** who assumed that everyone immediately knew what he was talking about after making a concise and vague QQ post.
    It really was intended to simply request the feature be added.
    Last edited by Mathius123; 08-12-2011 at 09:30 PM.

+ Reply to Thread