+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Warfront Prestige Brackets!

Default Warfront Prestige Brackets!

Since I'm not a hardcore PvPer and I'm only at PR3 I'd really like some prestige brackets. Since of the valor bonuses on gear get higher with each rank I can't even touch someone PR6+ because my skills hit extremely low. Its going to be even worse when people start getting PR8. Fresh 50s are going to get farmed all the way up to PR6.

What about this model?
    PR0-PR5
    PR6-PR8

This way, fresh 50s will be able to get kills and PR6+ will have their own high rank PvP setting. No low ranks being farmed and everyone advances at a steady pace.

Just a suggestion.
    Got an itch for anime? Visit my anime thread here!
    Nexiga
    Retired from Rift

Yes I am bumping this thread >.>...
    Nexiga
    Retired from Rift

Default +1

signed, i like the idea... destroying people in a couple hits isn't all the fun, but its nice to see all the numbers floating up

Haha! I new someone out there in the Rift universe would like this idea!
    Nexiga
    Retired from Rift

Champion of Telara Silverangel69's Avatar

I'm not sure about this because then queue times will go up because the field is split in two. Yes? So I'm R2 and I just want to get prestige to advance. Is it worth the longer queue times? Or would it be better to just be playing, dying more, and winning a little less than be waiting? I don't know. I think my group wins a lot on Defiant and I can still contribute heals, so I think I might be better off just staying in the game against really tough opponents. It's a good idea, though. The fights would be a lot more fair.
    Last edited by Silverangel69; 08-12-2011 at 08:05 PM.

Signed, this might actually prevent...some not needed nerfs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    Your opinion is wrong and you should feel bad for sharing it with the world.
    11/11 HK(World top 10), 4/4 ROTP, Greenscale/RoS Current-Content Conqueror, GP Cleared, TDH Cleared.

Prestige Rank 8 in a weekend baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Cromagis View Post
    Signed, this might actually prevent...some not needed nerfs.
    Ya I was thinking that too.

I mean if you have a PR1 Mage going against a PR7 Warrior, the Mage is going to lose, so should that warrior be nerfed because he's OP?...

Just a thought.
    Nexiga
    Retired from Rift

Era
    Champion of Telara

Signing this because I very much agree. The bracket thing worked with the 10-49 PvP, so it should work here.

The best way to implement would be to take the LFG system and use it. At 50, you can choose which prestige range bracket you fight in...and the higher you go, the more rewards you can potentially get for winning. For example, the brackets could be like this:

p0-p2
    p2-p4
    p4-p6
    p6-p8

A fresh 50 would see the first bracket as yellow and the p6-p8 bracket red (like for quests). The greater the risk, the greater the reward. Also, players on the other end would be unable to queue in brackets below them unless they also queue for their current bracket (so a p8 could not queue in the p4-p6 bracket unless they're in the p6-p8 bracket too). If this is complicated, just preventing queues in lower brackets would work as well.
    Era - Defiant - Byriel
    Former Owner of RiftLift

Quote Originally Posted by Era View Post
    Signing this because I very much agree. The bracket thing worked with the 10-49 PvP, so it should work here.

The best way to implement would be to take the LFG system and use it. At 50, you can choose which prestige range bracket you fight in...and the higher you go, the more rewards you can potentially get for winning. For example, the brackets could be like this:

p0-p2
    p2-p4
    p4-p6
    p6-p8
    I think a better Bracket would be p0-p4 p4-p8 :I
    11/11 HK(World top 10), 4/4 ROTP, Greenscale/RoS Current-Content Conqueror, GP Cleared, TDH Cleared.

Quote Originally Posted by Cromagis View Post
    I think a better Bracket would be p0-p4 p4-p8 :I
    I'd be happy with any type of brackets lol!
    Nexiga
    Retired from Rift

new whole gear sets are attained in 2 ranks right? p1 and p2 is one full set?

new 50s should probably be in the p1-2 bracket, then id say p3-p6 should be its own, and finally p7-p8 (eventually p7-p10 i guess). the idea would be to minimize the amount of disadvantage on fresh 50's and maximize the bracket sizes so the queue times dont change much.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDrizzle404 View Post

new 50s should probably be in the p1-2 bracket, then id say p3-p6 should be its own, and finally p7-p8 (eventually p7-p10 i guess). the idea would be to minimize the amount of disadvantage on fresh 50's and maximize the bracket sizes so the queue times dont change much.

Well, the reason why I suggested each 4 is because currently, they're are not many rank 8's minus the exploiter's. But I do like your idea. :I Then again, P4 and p3 gear isnt much help, in damage that is.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDrizzle404 View Post

There are a few different ways you can do it, but you just want to make sure fresh 50s aren't getting rolled by people 5 ranks above them and the queues stay relatively the same.
    Nexiga
    Retired from Rift

I rather see Trion tweak prestige gear then split the Warfronts into brackets. Reduce the gap of valor between the armor sets. I'm thinking somewhere along the lines of 2%. So lets just say #1 - 20%, #2 - 22%, #3 - 24%, and set #4 26% damage reduction.

They'll never split up or add brackets to Warfronts. It just doesn't make sense. If anything they'll adjust the curve at which you will be useful as more Prestiage ranks are added.

Shadowlander

signed

but 1-3 + 4-6 + 7-8 please

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast