+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 6 Months down the road? (Non troll, Trion loving post!) Seriously.

Telaran

Default 6 Months down the road? (Non troll, Trion loving post!) Seriously.

Okay so this is where I am. Been playing since first month of launch, quit for about 2 months all together. (TO try out other games)but I can't help it.... I have to come back to Rift! It's so addicting.

PURPOSE OF POST THOUGH!

What would you like to see within the next few months?

Wether it's being against housing or with housing, or against new races or for new races, please be nice to other posters.

How would you like to see it updated into Live servers?

What have you liked about how Trion has been handling feedback and all.

ONCE AGAIN! NO TROLLS!

What I would like to see.

1. Housing ( after reading about how it could kill community in cities, I can see the downside) But maybe they could just make it where you can put furnitures and trophies there. No need for portals to every! Or Auctioneers, or crafting tables, or any NPC like that. Just trophies and housing. (once again I can see the downside to this)

2. Guild Housing. Could be used for GvG (Guild Vs. Guild) no need for NPCS (except GvG npc) or Teleporters or Auctioneers. Like I said just Guild stats there, maybe some furnitures, and a place to GvG.

3. GvG. Guild Vs. Guild. X-faction and same faction GvG. I would love to see a Button or NPC that has a GvG button, it queues your Raid group, and you get to do a ranked matched or a quick unranked matched. There could be cool GvG gear and all that new Tier sets for PvP.

4. Banners and Capes. I would like some capes on meh back! please. I think it makes the characters look cooler and it makes my character feel nicer and msoother to play (im weird), then banners. How cool would it be if like your guild could carry a banner or flag into open world PvP battles or GvG. Which could boost some stats, not much just a little. And then your guild made emblem could be show to the enemies before you kill them.

5. Voice chat, yes I know VENTRILO! Well i hosted a server for my guild on Rift (before I quit it) and it was nice, but maybe a little UI tool that lets you choose, Public (proximity, where people within like 8 meters could hear you), Guild, Party, Raid, and Whisper. And since Trion made a freaking awesome Report spam button that ignored people as well, they could put that button in for people who spam on chat. Just click it and bam, ignored. (wouldnt be that hard) or even just a Whisper, party, Guild, and Raid voice chat would be nice.

6. Well I wanted more Warfronts. But Trion you beat me to it, when I read the post I just about wet my pants and said OH MY GOSH LIBRARY OF THE RUNEMASTERS! SICK! So this is fine for now.

7. More instances, trion you beat me to it. Chronicles of Tellaria (or however you spell it), this was needed (i think) and Trion your the Bomb! You got it.

8. Zones? I think I read there will be more added. But I would love!!!!! to see the Planetouched wilds opened (i think it's called) and like an island off the coast with like 4 new areas? or 3? That would be sick! And give me more areas to explore!

9. Models and Actual items. Yes I would love to see more armor, weapons, mounts and all that in the game. And change the models up a bit more? Looks fine now but some sick looking armor would be cool.

10. Enchants on weapons. i think they have this but IN-game I havent gotten one or found one. I must just be an idiot. But I would love Ice or Fire, or Death, Purple glows or whatever on my weapon! the Bomb!

11. Last but not least. New rifts? Maybe a Sun or Moon rift, or ice? Sun- Sun beams that burnt the ground around us, maybe some Jacob latter's, Wisps of light for enemies. Moon- Do I have to say it, just imagine it.... Yeah. Maybe they arent elements but with a fantasy game with no lore to be based on (WoW-> Sucks) Trion can do anything they want with Rift, and no one can complain. " that doesn't fit the story line! You messed it up!" it's all fresh from Trions brain and they can do what they want. Or even 9 someone posted this on my other threads) MIXED RIFTS! yeah you heard it imagine Rifts that moved around, or spawned next to each other, or you could fuse ( with rewards for doing that) and seeing a Life and Death rift fuse, or Fire and Water, or whatever. that would be awesome! COuld make the Rifts harder and add more challenges.

Telaran

[Mod edit: Please do not bump threads simply for the sake of bumping them. This is considered spam since it does not add to the discussion in a constructive or meaningful way. We understand that everyone wants to keep their discussion active and visible, but we encourage you to post meaningful and constructive content instead of “Bump!” posts.]
    Last edited by Kalevala; 08-11-2011 at 03:09 PM. Reason: Bump spam

Housing - I'm on the fence about it. If you make it so that you can only use it for trophies and showing things off, then no one will ever actually use them. That's what they were mostly good for in LotRO and even with all the dozens of instanced housing districts, there were almost never any actual players in their houses. If you make it so that you can do everything in them, then there's little reason to go to the main city for your faction besides the few quests that are offered there. I'd vote for just leaving housing out. It could be a great upgrade, but it has to many drawbacks on both sides of implimentation in my opinion.

Guild halls - I always thought these would be awesome. Had 'em in guild wars and in big guilds, they were great to have. Small ones, just extra fluff space, so, it comes to the same thing with player housing. Add them, and potentially cause more harm than good, or leave them out, and keep it how it is. I can't really say for certain which I'd pick for this one.

More diverse armor models - I'm sad to say that there just isn't enough diversity in armor models in this game. There are some really nice looking pieces out there, but they're few and far between. Your art team will love you if you let them make more things to show off with and see their players running around in, but then again, you guys could have them building lots of new things for us to run around in zone wise right now. I understand the issue of time management, but eventually please do expand on the armor model quality.

Souls - I like most of the souls and the diversity in them so far, a few feel really similar but still play a little differently to make them unique ( Elementalist/Necromancer for example) while others are so specific that I'll probably never use them ( Void Knight seems to be nothing but counter spell uses which means its only really good for PvP against mages or clerics which is what i"m sure it was probably built for, but my point stands). Warriors could use a ranged DPS build like the rogues have. Warriors are also the ones lacking in a small healing support role (Rogue = Bard Mage = Chloromancer) so they're kinda missing on some love there. Not sure how best to implement that, but it would be nice. Perhaps a passive buff like the Chlormancer gets.

High level zone populations - I find that the higher level zones are complete ghost towns in comparison to the ONE starter zone that is available for each faction. I feel this is kinda backwards. From my experience, there are usually more lower level people than higher level people. Now I realize this isn't always the case, but from what I've seen, it's the usually trend. So having one low level zone (which is perfectly fine with me, I enjoy populated zones and since the starter zones are rather large, it never feels over populated) and two or three high level zones for a particular level range just doesn't work out. And this is all in my opiniion only. Zone events happen less, they succed less, harder to find groups for quests, ect ect. I think there should be perhaps better distribution for levels in zones. I'm all about having large zones to run through and more space to see, but when it makees it harder to do things with other players, it kinda hinders the MM in a MMO. Perhaps if the level cap was higher this wouldn't be a problem. There would be more levels to distribute across the zones, but as it stands, there's a larger number of zones for higher level players to quest in, with less higher level players to quest. ( I hope this rant was actually understandable)

Wardrobe - Either leave it as it is, or make it so everyone can wear any type of armor in their wardrobe. Also the option to make a wardrobe set my active stat boosting equipement would be nice, but that would also require adding additional slots to the wardrobe, which probably wouldn't be that hard. Also, weapon wardrobe slots would be really nice! make it so that you can only equip the weapon type you have on at that time. So two handed swords require a two handed sword to be equiped, one handed mace and shield require the same things on. Although, I suppose if you have a two handed weapon equiped, it would be okay to have any other two handed weapon equiped ( aside from staves though. I believe that should be it's own class when determining wardrobe weapons since it uses two hands, but isn't a sword/hammer)

Guild - More guild bank slots that cost less. I've been in a few guilds now, and each one always has the first guild bank slot full to the brim, while the second remains locked tight, and even if that is opened, it's usally full up as well. Guild capes/tabards/insignias on armor/shields woud be nifty. More of a touch than just the name plate and then the guild name under it. Also, a guild recruitement channel would be a really nice feature.

Character - Option for a Sur/Family name. Either implemented as a title or just as is. Also more titles are always nice to have. :P I see very few Preffix titles in comparison to the very large number of Suffix titles. A Bio page in the character panel that is inspectable would be really nice to have. People could use it for guild recruitement or alts that they have, ect.

And I think that's all I've got right now. Aside from those things, this has been one of the best games I've played so far. I don't find it addicting to play like I did WoW, I play it because I actually ENJOY playing it. Not because I want to get to the next level or zone. I enjoy all the story elements that are tied in, all of the lore that is being made from scratch. This is probably one of the best MMOs I'v e played to date. Keep up the good work Trion.

Telaran

I agree with some of the stuff you said, something that really caught my attention was the lower level zones being more populated than the higher pop zones. I was thinking you know one thing that we are missing? A X-faction city. I would love to see this. No PvP inside of it unless duels of course but.... I would love to see this in a new zone in an update/expansion.

+ Reply to Thread