+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dummy parser title? something that people can display to prove DPS

Plane Walker

Default Dummy parser title? something that people can display to prove DPS

make some once Daily repeatable quest instance where a single player has to dps a target and earn a title based on their DPS during the instance.(can be tiered titles like the PVP rank)

That way when people are PUG forming Raids, everyone can see who can and can not bring what's needed to the table.

I'm on what appears to be either a low pop server or a low PUG server, takes ~2 hrs to form the 20 for GSB , but when we get to boss #2....we die. Each night we have 4-5 DPS players topping out at ~350.

It's frustrating.....craft runes for them, give them potions....it doesn't help. I know there's more to playing than DPS, but the DPS title also speaks to the level of commitment a player puts into his build research.

The title would help those "bond" with similarly skilled,outfitted, and commitment level players.

bad idea?
    Last edited by quicklikesloth; 08-10-2011 at 01:14 PM.

Plane Walker

actually I think Ill retract the idea....it'll just give you guys insight on what to nerf next.
    Last edited by quicklikesloth; 08-10-2011 at 01:20 PM.

Sounds like gear score for WoW. Bad bad bad idea.

Plane Walker

On one side, I'd like it. It would be great to tinker with builds, rotation and gear to see what's more effective.

But on the flip side, I think it ultimatley reduce rift to a few cookie cutter builds and create a partition of elitists.

I'm on the fence on this one.

+ Reply to Thread