+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Remove the LFG cooldown "debuff" and vote to kick player timer for LFG PUG groups.

Default Remove the LFG cooldown "debuff" and vote to kick player timer for LFG PUG groups.

Remove the LFG cooldown "debuff" and vote to kick player timer for LFG PUG groups.

Seriously if we get a player who is behaving in a way that everyone would prefer him/her removed why should we be required to suffer through X amount of time with the player? Does Trion think that we would suddenly change our minds if we had a timer? I sit there clicking kick player, kick player, kick player until the very second that timer is done counting down the seconds.

Why should I be forced to stay with a group that screams insults at players due to some LFG debuff penalty? It poisons the entire LFG experience to be FORCED to group with certain people...

These restrictions should be COMPLETELY REMOVED to improve the LFG PUG experience.

The /ignore command helps but again doesn't help with the complete WASTE OF TIME these artificial timers cost.

I doubt petitioning player behavior due to "LEARN 2 PLAY NOOB!", "HEAL ME!", etc will have a lasting impact either. I don't think Trion has a rude player behavior requirement or enforces such in Rift.

The only options I have for bad player behavior in LFG PUGS is to kick the offending player or leave the group both of which are by design restricting and penalizing ME and NOT THE OFFENDING PLAYER...

This makes using the LFG PUG system a terrible experience when these issues come up...
    Last edited by Delar; 08-10-2011 at 09:41 AM.
    What ideas do you have for increasing tanks individually using the LFG tool?

Quote Originally Posted by Isila View Post
    You could guarantee me a raid-level epic that would be a guaranteed upgrade for me in whatever slot it's for, and that would still not be enough to get me to go into LFG solo as a tank. Nothing is worth that amount of pain.

When I played wow hybrid classes would queue as tank to get instant pops and then be like "oops I accidentally queued as tank someone that waited in dps lfg should go". Most of the time people would kick him/her and use our vote. Sometimes they brought a friend for their instant pops and we would have to wait until vote timer to kick that player as well. This makes lfg queues even longer when we have to put up with people gaming the the lfg tool (especially in a game where 75% of all players could potentially exploit this issue). I have not found this in Rift yet but I see no reason why it won't start.
    Last edited by July13th; 08-10-2011 at 10:18 AM.

The timer and debuff are to prevent abuse of the vote kick mechanism.

Such as:

- a group of extremely well geared players kicking people out just for having lesser gear.
    - kicking people out immediately for speaking a certain language or being from a certain server
    - kicking someone out immediately for being a certain class/soul/role combination (i.e. rift stalker tanks)

Etc.
    [Server] Faeblight
    [Retail] M_1=Chloromancer(D), M_2=Cleric(D), A=Rogue(D)
    [Beta 1-7] Tank (Reaver/Paladin)

Quote Originally Posted by Thulium View Post
    - kicking people out immediately for speaking a certain language
    I don't think there is anything wrong for kicking someone who does not speak my language. I play on an English server and want the option of communication with party members (hopefully the game grows and they add some spanish and french NA shards).

Well i was kicked b4 last boss in DSM last night because 3/5 people were from the same server/guild and wanted to get another guildy in for some drop he wanted.

I know this because a friend of mine stayed in the group and said that they insta kicked more people b4 the person they wanted got in through "random system" to get bonus marks.

forget about me, im just doing dungeons for fun and a few plat. But they reset other peoples queues!!!

Something seem to be broken in this whole system if you ask me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvax View Post
    Im an R8 Cleric.
    1 Rogue can annihilate 2 healing clerics together-Cross healing doesnt work against a rog. .

Quote Originally Posted by Blays View Post
    Well i was kicked b4 last boss in DSM last night because 3/5 people were from the same server/guild and wanted to get another guildy in for some drop he wanted.

I know this because a friend of mine stayed in the group and said that they insta kicked more people b4 the person they wanted got in through "random system" to get bonus marks.

forget about me, im just doing dungeons for fun and a few plat. But they reset other peoples queues!!!

Something seem to be broken in this whole system if you ask me.
    yep. people are gaming the system right now and is not surprising (frustrating though).

Quote Originally Posted by Thulium View Post
    The timer and debuff are to prevent abuse of the vote kick mechanism.

Such as:

- a group of extremely well geared players kicking people out just for having lesser gear.
    - kicking people out immediately for speaking a certain language or being from a certain server
    - kicking someone out immediately for being a certain class/soul/role combination (i.e. rift stalker tanks)

Etc.
    All you accomplish with the "timer" is delaying the inevitable while at the same time penalizing those who are trying to remove a player that needs removing...

I mean seriously if you were going to kick someone from the group do you honestly think that spending 3 minutes more with such an individual would change my mind? If my personal reason for wanting to kick someone was not SHARED BY EVERYONE ELSE IN THE GROUP then that person would not be kicked...

This is just a waste of time and added frustration for those who are trying to use the LFG PUG tool.
    What ideas do you have for increasing tanks individually using the LFG tool?

Quote Originally Posted by Isila View Post
    You could guarantee me a raid-level epic that would be a guaranteed upgrade for me in whatever slot it's for, and that would still not be enough to get me to go into LFG solo as a tank. Nothing is worth that amount of pain.

+ Reply to Thread