+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: new players? Solo game no more , autojoin starting guild

  1. #1
    QIW
    QIW is offline
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    19

    Default new players? Solo game no more , autojoin starting guild

    Ok so now i have been playing rift for like 2 or 3 weeks
    i have a level 50 warrior leveled him quite fast i think but had some free time

    In that time i made 3 dungeons.. yes 3 with an wait time over 9000 hours as tank


    i talked to about... 3 or 4 poeple in that time have no guild , poeple dont talk in the 1 or 4 chat chanels..


    this is like an boring single player game for most of the time :/

    I think when you create a toon you should be in a guild like < X server starting guild> or whatever..

    so all the new players would be together and could ask some questions / make dungeons or quest together



    At the moment i startet my 2nd toon why? cause i wanted to tank with my warrior and found no guild ,dont know the t1 dungeons and i dont want to wipe poeple that i dont know just cause i have no clue about what is going to happen in there ...

    But i am level 40 allready with my 2nd toon and did 2 dungeons this time i dont have the feeling its getting better .

    I dont feel like spamming /1 in sanctum is the right way to find a guild , and think an guild for evry new toon would be something great , cause new players are just alone and actualy i know many singleplayer games where questing alone would be funnyer ;)

    Playing alone in an online game is fail all the way .
    The community might be to mature over here just not even talking to strangers haha..
    Last edited by QIW; 08-09-2011 at 08:38 PM.

  2. #2
    Ascendant TheDrizzle404's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,755

    Default

    a public guild could be an interesting idea, but since its public, that means it would just become another way for gold spammers to spam. theyd join the public guilds and spam their sites.

    if you sell some starting mats (like tin) you should be able to buy a charter and start a guild if you really cant find one to join, especially if you already know 4 other people in the same situation. good luck.

  3. #3
    RIFT Community Ambassador Talila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    2,539

    Default

    I can see your idea, but I don't think it would work out. People are different on the various types of realms, and well - at least on my shard I've noticed that all of the really big guilds we had around launch fell apart because people don't want to be in a huge guild. I mean, if you're in a huge guild, and everyone always talks and there's no sense of direction, nothing to keep people together around one thing.. then you might as well just use the zone and level chats really.
    I think a big part of being in a guild is that you get to know those you play with, but you can't get to know 100-200 people at the same time.

    What we could use is a better way to promote guilds in-game, perhaps having a channel you're autojoined into but that you can leave if you don't wish to be there and turn off the autojoin function. A channel that would stretch cross zones. So at-least if you do need to spam a little to find a guild, you can do it somewhere you won't be annoying people.
    (Don't post a message every two seconds though, no one likes that)
    I went off to FFXIV. Here's my blog.

  4. #4
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    474

    Default

    9000 wait hours = 375 days a bit more than a year wait time. Lol

  5. #5
    QIW
    QIW is offline
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Greek View Post
    9000 wait hours = 375 days a bit more than a year wait time. Lol
    im happy even you got the point


    then i dont want to spamm , but maybee i want guild to spamm the publicity if they are recruting :P

    or maybe something like a guild browser ^^
    Last edited by QIW; 08-10-2011 at 03:29 AM.

  6. #6
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Well QIW let me give you some hard reality to live with
    Although the games are massive multiplayer that by no means can be concidered social
    Frindships that are created in game are very rare
    Most of the guilds are small and usually based on real life small groups. Of course they open to randoms but rarely succeed to become a team
    There are of cource the big ones, the succesful ones, some of them migrating from game to game eating the contend like pills
    Entering them will probably lead you to grief unless you are a hardcore and ready to follow orders.
    I personaly believe that mmo in general failed to create steady social environment and in fact their image is the bad look of real life. It seems everybody hiding behind a keyboard can unlease its worst feelings in those games
    So what you need is 1st feel at home as a solo player if you can of course
    Then try to find a guild
    Be prepared to join many
    And if you feel the community spits you move on find another

  7. #7
    Ascendant July13th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Talila View Post
    I can see your idea, but I don't think it would work out. People are different on the various types of realms, and well - at least on my shard I've noticed that all of the really big guilds we had around launch fell apart because people don't want to be in a huge guild. I mean, if you're in a huge guild, and everyone always talks and there's no sense of direction, nothing to keep people together around one thing.. then you might as well just use the zone and level chats really.
    I think a big part of being in a guild is that you get to know those you play with, but you can't get to know 100-200 people at the same time.

    What we could use is a better way to promote guilds in-game, perhaps having a channel you're autojoined into but that you can leave if you don't wish to be there and turn off the autojoin function. A channel that would stretch cross zones. So at-least if you do need to spam a little to find a guild, you can do it somewhere you won't be annoying people.
    (Don't post a message every two seconds though, no one likes that)
    I think people want the benefits of a huge Guild while staying with their core group. My guild is in an alliance with some other guilds. This helps to fill out the odd spots we might need for raiding. I wouldn't mind a little more added to Guild Alliances besides another chat channel though.

  8. #8
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,199

    Default

    warhammer had this and it was awesome! i approve.

  9. #9
    QIW
    QIW is offline
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    19

    Default

    the problem is for new players this game is very unfriendly..

    I do realise that we dont need to be social .


    But even some EXCHANGE can be made without doing social talk ^^

    like trading some green crappy item vs a bag or what ever .

    You dont need to be looking for friends , but playing solo is crap .

    the first days i started playing.. i was looking in sanctum for about 1hour where to talk to the runegard for phase 4 or 5...
    i asked in the /1 and /4 nobody said anything , it was just not to know for a new player that it was an event and i had to wait for an patch .

    That is just an example , but there should be a way to talk to other new players at least ;)

    OR and /advice chanel where level 50 poeple could help new players if they WANT to ^^

  10. #10
    Ascendant TheDrizzle404's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QIW View Post
    the first days i started playing.. i was looking in sanctum for about 1hour where to talk to the runegard for phase 4 or 5...
    i asked in the /1 and /4 nobody said anything , it was just not to know for a new player that it was an event and i had to wait for an patch .

    That is just an example , but there should be a way to talk to other new players at least ;)

    OR and /advice chanel where level 50 poeple could help new players if they WANT to ^^
    when i started, i had the opposite experience.
    /1 so.. is there a major city or something?
    /1 ya, its meridian. want me to take you there?
    /1 wow sure, thanks.

    so this guy invites me and takes me to meridian, asks if i need bags or anything like that, and gives the guy i was playing with (we bumped into each other often) some starting mount money.


    in the end, it depends what players make up the realm. it has nothing to do with game design. how many people are you going out to help now that youre more experienced? ;)

  11. #11
    Ascendant July13th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QIW View Post
    the problem is for new players this game is very unfriendly..
    I do realise that we dont need to be social .

    But even some EXCHANGE can be made without doing social talk ^^

    like trading some green crappy item vs a bag or what ever .

    You dont need to be looking for friends , but playing solo is crap .

    the first days i started playing.. i was looking in sanctum for about 1hour where to talk to the runegard for phase 4 or 5...
    i asked in the /1 and /4 nobody said anything , it was just not to know for a new player that it was an event and i had to wait for an patch .

    That is just an example , but there should be a way to talk to other new players at least ;)

    OR and /advice chanel where level 50 poeple could help new players if they WANT to ^^
    I am sorry you are on a shard that is not friendly but I do not think having an auto-guild would help. It would be the same people that didnt answer in other trade channels. I would like to see an in game guild recruitment board. I think it would help a solo player in this social game.

  12. #12
    QIW
    QIW is offline
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDrizzle404 View Post

    in the end, it depends what players make up the realm. it has nothing to do with game design. how many people are you going out to help now that youre more experienced? ;)
    I answre to any question i do have an answere to ^^ and when i see low levels asking thins in the /say or /1 i try to reply them ^^

    and i gave a new player 2p5 plat for his mount why? cause i know how boring and expensif it can get with the first toon
    I dont ask anything in return or dont even care about money..

    The major problem is that i think most low level players stop befor leveling up

    When i leveled i saw 3 poeple whith who i did a rift / or group quest in those levels i added them in my friend list but none of them showed up a week or two later


    And my experience with new players where quite good , trading infos , experience ^^

    New players helped me more then the level 50s

    dont get me wrong i dont blame them i dont even realy care that they have better stuff to do , but i think connecting new players would be great..

    Remeber most of you probably leveled when the game was release with 100 poeple in a zone?^^
    well its not that anymore and EVEN a global chat would help


    Oh and yes i play i windows mode to google all the stuff i need , but you got to admit that even if we dont have so mutch theory crafting and spreadsheets with this game , you find mostly level 50 raid builds , pvp builds , shortcut names , that is not the problem but all that for 8 souls is a ruff start ;)
    Asking a simple question requires an simple answere sometime , enven other new players might be able to help from there XP ^^

  13. #13
    Champion of Telara Elth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QIW View Post
    Ok so now i have been playing rift for like 2 or 3 weeks
    i have a level 50 warrior leveled him quite fast i think but had some free time

    In that time i made 3 dungeons.. yes 3 with an wait time over 9000 hours as tank


    i talked to about... 3 or 4 poeple in that time have no guild , poeple dont talk in the 1 or 4 chat chanels..


    this is like an boring single player game for most of the time :/

    I think when you create a toon you should be in a guild like < X server starting guild> or whatever..

    so all the new players would be together and could ask some questions / make dungeons or quest together



    At the moment i startet my 2nd toon why? cause i wanted to tank with my warrior and found no guild ,dont know the t1 dungeons and i dont want to wipe poeple that i dont know just cause i have no clue about what is going to happen in there ...

    But i am level 40 allready with my 2nd toon and did 2 dungeons this time i dont have the feeling its getting better .

    I dont feel like spamming /1 in sanctum is the right way to find a guild , and think an guild for evry new toon would be something great , cause new players are just alone and actualy i know many singleplayer games where questing alone would be funnyer ;)

    Playing alone in an online game is fail all the way .
    The community might be to mature over here just not even talking to strangers haha..
    Warhammer Online had something like this that actually had employees in the guild that would start up the occasional warband for RvR. I thought it was a brilliant Idea and even though I was guilded in WAR, I still kept my alt's in the Default guild just to help new players, meet new people and generally have a bit of fun.

  14. #14
    QIW
    QIW is offline
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    19

    Default

    edit:@ upper post not possible sorry for grammar its late and english is only my 3rd language ;(

  15. #15
    Ascendant -Swag-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,024

    Default

    This is a great idea, assuming I can lead the guild.

    (Tithe ftw)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts