+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Soul Recall

Default Soul Recall

Please make the cool down on Soul Recall 30 minutes instead of 60 minutes. Thanks

if youre in a guild, you can make it 50 minutes.

Why? World is small enough, that its at most 10-15 minutes (AT MOST) to get to the nearest portal.

Rift Disciple

I second this. If people don't like being able to use soul recall every 30 minutes, they don't have to. But for those of us who would like it, it'd be a nice feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Maeloda View Post
    Why? World is small enough, that its at most 10-15 minutes (AT MOST) to get to the nearest portal.
    As someone who only has time to play 2 hours on weeknights, I'd rather save myself that 10-15 minutes of watching my character run and get where I'm going so I can get on with more interesting aspects of the game.
    Last edited by bridgeburner; 08-09-2011 at 02:17 PM. Reason: Addendum

Quote Originally Posted by bridgeburner View Post
    I second this. If people don't like being able to use soul recall every 30 minutes, they don't have to. But for those of us who would like it, it'd be a nice feature.

As someone who only has time to play 2 hours on weeknights, I'd rather save myself that 10-15 minutes of watching my character run and get where I'm going so I can get on with more interesting aspects of the game.
    If soul recall is halfed, its not like this will solve your problem. Still a 0.5 hour cooldown. If you have 2 hours, that's still 1/4 of your time.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Maeloda View Post
    If soul recall is halfed, its not like this will solve your problem. Still a 0.5 hour cooldown. If you have 2 hours, that's still 1/4 of your time.
    Agreed. But 30 minutes is better than 1 hour. My main point was that "the world is too small already" isn't a valid argument against this, because this is something that benefits the people who want it, but doesn't really affect the people who don't (since they don't have to use it)
    Last edited by bridgeburner; 08-09-2011 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Typo

this is a time consuming game. if you dont have time to play a time consuming game, dont play it. this game is not mandatory.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by TheDrizzle404 View Post
    this is a time consuming game. if you dont have time to play a time consuming game, dont play it. this game is not mandatory.
    There's a difference between enjoyable time consumption and tedium. Grinding for gear/mats = enjoyable. Holding down 1 key while my character runs across the map to get the nearest port = tedium.

There's a difference between enjoyable time consumption and tedium. Grinding for gear/mats = enjoyable. Holding down 1 key while my character runs across the map to get the nearest port = tedium.
    i find mats i need while heading from point A to B. just because you view it as a pointless, tedious task doesnt mean it is. maybe you should manage your soul recall better. its always up when i need it.

Rift Disciple

i find mats i need while heading from point A to B. just because you view it as a pointless, tedious task doesnt mean it is. maybe you should manage your soul recall better. its always up when i need it.
    Ok, then shortening it won't hurt you at all then. That's a nice circle right back to my original point.

Ok, then shortening it won't hurt you at all then. That's a nice circle right back to my original point.
    it wont hurt you to learn how to play more efficiently either. "its too time consuming for my busy schedule" is the absolute worst argument in existence for any mmorpg. all the time consuming stuff is generally the bulk of the game itself, and when you remove it, you end up with a boring as hell game that even the people who asked for everything to be handed to them dont want to play anymore because theres no point. i watched it happen to WoW over the course of 5 years, so i know what will and wont hurt me.

Plane Walker

I think you're on to something here. I think people you need tedium to fill up your time, and that's fine. But people like me (the casual crowd) just want to jump into a game, have some fun then go off and do other things. The thing is, us casual people have jobs, families and other sources of entertainment, I won't get burnt out on Rift because I don't have enough free time. Us casual gamers aren't fond of grinding or time sinks, that's why there's so much in Rift to appease the casual crowd.
    So, I'd say the opposite of what you said; if you don't have much free time to play MMO's, play Rift. Maybe you should go check out Aion.

Quote Originally Posted by Behindya View Post
    I think you're on to something here. I think people you need tedium to fill up your time, and that's fine. But people like me (the casual crowd) just want to jump into a game, have some fun then go off and do other things. The thing is, us casual people have jobs, families and other sources of entertainment, I won't get burnt out on Rift because I don't have enough free time. Us casual gamers aren't fond of grinding or time sinks, that's why there's so much in Rift to appease the casual crowd.
    So, I'd say the opposite of what you said; if you don't have much free time to play MMO's, play Rift. Maybe you should go check out Aion.
    alternatively you could go play WoW, which has made it perfectly clear they could care less about gamers, as they want to draw in "the casuals" who "have a life" but want to play "no life" games. Rift has a few things people "with a life" can do for that 1 hour a month they have to play, but for the most part, its a time consuming game made for gamers, not casuals. (not the same thing)

Rift Disciple

it wont hurt you to learn how to play more efficiently either.
    Explain to me how spending 15 minutes running through the world, rather than just soul recalling back to get on with what you were doing is playing more efficiently? Sure, if I was grinding for mats, I'd run. But if I'm just doing a drop off quest, or I needed to close a rift on the edge of nowhere? I'd rather soul recall back.

"its too time consuming for my busy schedule" is the absolute worst argument in existence for any mmorpg. all the time consuming stuff is generally the bulk of the game itself, and when you remove it, you end up with a boring as hell game that even the people who asked for everything to be handed to them dont want to play anymore because theres no point. i watched it happen to WoW over the course of 5 years, so i know what will and wont hurt me.
    Are you even reading what I'm writing, or are you just trolling at this point? The whole point of my argument is that I have 2 hours, and I want to PLAY RIFT during that time. I don't want to spend an unnecessary amount of time holding down the run button just so I can get back to sell or craft or tweak my build. I'd rather spend my time grinding for gear, or collecting mats, or closing rifts, or defeating invasions or any number of other time consuming things that I like about this game. Holding down W is not one of them.

Plane Walker

alternatively you could go play WoW, which has made it perfectly clear they could care less about gamers, as they want to draw in "the casuals" who "have a life" but want to play "no life" games. Rift has a few things people "with a life" can do for that 1 hour a month they have to play, but for the most part, its a time consuming game made for gamers, not casuals. (not the same thing)
    I dont give a hoot who cares about their gamers. I only care about what is fun when I play Rift. I think you see tedium in games as some sort of right of passage, that everything should be as hard as nails and be as grindy as possible. You troll these forums shouting down anyone who wants to make the game more accessable and what for? Is it some sort of holier than thou feeling you get? Is it the ever growing epeen of the puritan? Whatever it is, keep it to yourself; there are those of us that play games for fun, not as a substitution for life.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast