+ Reply to Thread

Thread: GTAE Bugs

Default GTAE Bugs

Okay, this is a pretty serious annoyance. When placing a ground target reticule for a spell or ability or item, if you're not in range, the game automatically cancels the action as though you've decided you don't want to do it, adding another unnecessary step to actually get the ability to resolve correctly.

I don't think the game should be the one to make that choice for the player. Chances are, the reticule is there for a reason and the player hasn't somehow decided they no longer want to drop the AoE or whatever just because they tried to lay it outside its scripted range.

Please leave the reticule active until properly executed or canceled by the players themselves. There's no reason not to.
    Last edited by InferiOmega; 08-09-2011 at 11:46 AM.

jzm
    Telaran

OMG I'm so glad someone finally posted about this.

Give the message out of range, then let me move it back closer and click again for placement. Out of range still? Okay let me move it closer and click again. Why the hell do you have to activate the skill over and over again if you misclick 1 meter out of range when shifting landscape can mean the difference between in range and out? So stupid. There's a hundred little UI problems like this.

How about when you move the camera down to look up but instead once the camera collides with the ground it just sits there....if you're underwater, you can't swim up because you can't get the camera to move any further down so it locks you on your current course unless you zoom all the way in to first person, point up, then go. ******ED....Fix your UI already, enough new content....

Quote Originally Posted by jzm View Post
    OMG I'm so glad someone finally posted about this.

Give the message out of range, then let me move it back closer and click again for placement. Out of range still? Okay let me move it closer and click again. Why the hell do you have to activate the skill over and over again if you misclick 1 meter out of range when shifting landscape can mean the difference between in range and out? So stupid. There's a hundred little UI problems like this.

How about when you move the camera down to look up but instead once the camera collides with the ground it just sits there....if you're underwater, you can't swim up because you can't get the camera to move any further down so it locks you on your current course unless you zoom all the way in to first person, point up, then go. ******ED....Fix your UI already, enough new content....
    As long as Addons fix it, it's all good, if Trion Worlds themselves are unwilling to fix these (IMO obvious) niggles with the UI and control scheme, hell with it, at least let us do it.

+ Reply to Thread