+ Reply to Thread

Thread: White Turtle Mount for Lucky Coins

Rift Master

Default White Turtle Mount for Lucky Coins

Suggest...removing it from the game and replacing it with something very cool, and retroactively changing it for everyone who bought the stupid white turtle.

Doing 100 artifacts for 100 coins has to be one of the most intensive things you can do in Rift, even after blues drop more commonly it's a pain (I did it "pre nerf"). The mount "reward" should match the effort involved, not be an insult.

You can get cool looking mounts like murdantix via lucky drop...one of the coolest looking mounts in all of MMORPG gaming...and then there's that white turtle...for 100 coins obtained thru sheer pain.

Does not compute!

(yeah, I realize you don't have to buy the turtle, but after gathering 100 tokens you kind of feel the need to let the world know you're insane)

Telaran

yeah, i don't know what's up with this game and tortoises. there are what, three or four tortoise mounts, and they're all prizes for something, so the designers clearly think they're awesome. i would rather have more variety, and personally i find the tortoises to be the least interesting looking mounts.

its the game's signature mount, just like WoW always gave you a variation of whelpling for a special companion pet.

i also dont think people who bought the mount who wanted it would appreciate it being changed into something else without their permission.

I like the tartagons. D: Even though they don't make loud "KABUMPF" noises when jumping now, or noise when walking backwards... They are the new stealth mount! Move over, Valmera!

Adding (when new artifacts have also been added) another 100-coin mount to the coin vendor would be a much better idea, I think. I know many people do love the tartagon (just like the crocnard, it seems to grow on them. Everyone I know hated the crocnard at first but now refuses to ride anything else), and to retroactively change it into something "cooler" would almost certainly backfire and lead to much more QQ than the tortoise already creates.
    I'm not eccentric -- I'm just smarter than most. And that makes me an unpopular electric eel in a pond of goldfish.
    - Lord Lucious

i still want the crocnard badly but prob wont ever get it due to my current situation in game. >_>

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by TheDrizzle404 View Post
    i also dont think people who bought the mount who wanted it would appreciate it being changed into something else without their permission.
    that's a fair point, but it could be opt-in. they could put up more options and let you trade the tartagon for another mount of equal value.

+ Reply to Thread