+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Appearance is everything!

Soulwalker

Default Appearance is everything!

The implementation of the wardrobe feature is an amazing addition to the game but I think its time for more. There are a very limited amount of armor skins and It would be nice to see more options available; an NPC that sells various armor styles for wardrobe purposes (I know there is a clothier NPC however he only sells 4 costume sets that coincidentally look like level 1 class armor) that are only available for purchase and are not similar to other armor skins would be an amazing addition. Also, the addition of a wardrobe slot for players weapons would be a nice addition. There are several low level weapon skins that I personally would like to use on my axes, swords, daggers and bows that i can not because the feature is not available. What do you thing?

I think costumes only go so far, and that Trion needs to heavily improve and variate both current and future armor skins.

Plane Touched

And they can start with putting a copy of the Horror Skin Tunic on the costume vendor. An item that can only be obtained in the starting area, you have no way of going back to get it, and it's bind on pick up, so you can't send someone through to go pick it up for you.

Sometimes it feels like some of the simpler things are being held hostage for 'just the right time'.

And all those NPCs loitering around town? Are they really skinned like that, or are they just 'us' with clothes on? And why isn't there a shop somewhere with all 'their' clothes?

/signed for the zillionth time.

Sometimes I wonder if Trion is listening...

Quote Originally Posted by Udolpho View Post
    /signed for the zillionth time.

Sometimes I wonder if Trion is listening...
    I think next big patch will have more and better looking armor.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by joker225 View Post
    I think next big patch will have more and better looking armor.
    Armour is fine, but I want cosmetics.

And for starters, they can put the Horror Skin Tunic on the outfitter. That one is a crying shame. When the game launched, there was no wardrobe. No reason to hang on to that item, if you happen to come across it killing the Shade Horror in the Guardian starter area (not to mention it's probably not available to Defiant).

Then they introduce the wardrobe, now you'd dearly love to go back and get that item, to use it in a wardrobe slot, but you can't, because:

a) it's bind on pickup
    b) you can't get back to the starting area
    c) that design does not exist (to the best of my knowledge, though i'd 'love' to be prove wrong) anywhere else

I've petitioned GMs a few times. I took an Alt through, and camped it, and got the item, so it's not like I didn't put the work in, 'or' not like I put the work in with a 'higher' level character to give it to a lower - this is lower to higher. All I asked was to destroy the copy on my Alt, and place a shiny new one on my main. They won't do it, and not because it's technically not possible, just because of the whole "well it's bind on pick up so it's intended to be bind on pick up", and that's fine, so long as everyone is 'able' to go pick that up, which I no longer am.

Seems like an awful lot of grief to give a player for something that is so easily corrected, but I digress.

Put a copy on out there in the lowbie world where my main can get to it and farm it for herself. How about that 7th (8th?) level elite tall guy that's neutral that walks around? I don't really care, but put it 'somewhere' where I can get to it!

Just crazy and frustrating

You'd think I asked for a free spectral horse or something.

"It's not enough to fight well, one must look good doing it." That's my motto anyway.

This game is extremely stingy when it comes to armor model variation and outfit items. One piece here, one piece there, it comes in dribs and drabs, and most is too costly or hard to get. Turn on the faucet and let the outfits flow, Trion! We see them everywhere around us on the NPCs. Why we weren't given access to them from the get-go, I find quite perplexing. How can a gaming company not know by now how much importance players place on their look?
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

We really need some variations in the clothing, so much looks the same it just feels lazy.
    Also MORE HATS! ^_^
    Meow!

Rift Disciple

Default Fantasy mmo - fantasy armour

Fantasy mmo - fantasy armour

I think Rift has some great looking character models - be nice to have some really nice looking fantasy style armour to go with them!

I think glamour can really enhance the fun in a game.

Default Serious lack of creativity

rift looks very nice , and some armor designs look very good.

the problem is the re-roll of past skins and lack of ingenuity it seems.

i was waiting to see what the end game Hammerknell armor and weapons will look like.

it was a great opportunity for Trion to intrudes a completely new armor sets and weapon design and the result was sooo disappointing.

its just a re-use of Tier 2 dungeon gear. nothing new, basically its appear as u are using dungeon gear like a lvling character while u are actually end game gamer who kill hammerknell bosses.

it still can be fixed , get the creative and design team for a talk , and re-skin / re-design the Hammerknell armor and weapons at least , like a new tier of gear is deserved to be treated. can easly change the apearance in a patch/hotfix and make it look more desirable.

p.s :
    Hammerknell Greater mark token vendor armor - does look fresh and nice, so its possible with some time and will. should be done on all armor drops in hammerknell.

my 2 copper worth...

Give them some time.
    The game has only been out for six months and they already have vanity gear, dyes, a fair selection of gear sts, and appearance slots.
    More will come with time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vashane View Post
    I would just like to add, I sure hope they don't add something to this game before they add something else that is totally unrelated to the thing they might add, because that would really tick me off or something if they added it first before the thing that should be added first even though its totally unrelated like, you know?

Quote Originally Posted by Gnova View Post
    Give them some time.
    The game has only been out for six months and they already have vanity gear, dyes, a fair selection of gear sts, and appearance slots.
    More will come with time.
    Yup. As long as they got the will, the design imagination, the resources (manpower, time, money), this stuff will happen. I'm not going to be silent about something that annoys me though, lol (since a bunch of things that annoy me = one big annoyance = unsub, so I may as well express it now).

Soulwalker

I like Rift on the game play, but being a level 50 on Warrior, Mage, Rouge, & Cleric. I'm sure there is alot of you just like me bored of the same look and when you're 50 that's it theirs not much you can do. It seems Trion keeps copying, and pasting weapons, and armor. Instead of making new ones making their game compete with Aion in the looks department.

Its been out for a while and It needs to be visually revamped Costumes, Weapons, & Cosmetics. To be honest if the game doesn't change soon I might just end up moving to Aion until it does because I'm bored with my limitations on Rift. Flame me if you must but I love Rift, just its getting repetitive.

Ascendant

Keep up the pressure, especially for weapon appearance items, and they will fold.

Now, if only they answered some of these... /cough

Fed up with people saying that they need to update a feature.. People begged and begged for this and trion listened and did you guys a favor, great! Oh wait no its not because now people want more and cant actually be greatfull for just being able to save your favourite bits of armor. Yes there are a few tweaks here and there that need seeing to... but if Trion doesnt listen to this kinda thread then i dont blame them (Im not trying to flame the OP but they people that cry because the think trion 'isnt listening'...)
    Last edited by Goige; 08-29-2011 at 12:58 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast