+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PvP Favor and Prestige needs to change!!!

Default PvP Favor and Prestige needs to change!!!

I am not sure the formula used to determine how much favor and prestige is awarded per warfront but I do know that it is completely unfair. You can lose the warfront and get more favor than the winning team...lawl. You can go AFK and still get the same amount as people who are actually trying!?!?!?!?
    Maybe points should be awarded per participation... for example the more damage you do, or the most kills, or the more healing you do... I don't know but to allow people to get Prestige 5, 6, 7 and 8 and never really do a thing is ridiculous. It is just a matter of time spent in warfronts. People have no incentive to even try in warfronts. They know they will still get the favor and prestige.
    PLease Trion change this!!!!!

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Hetha View Post
    I am not sure the formula used to determine how much favor and prestige is awarded per warfront but I do know that it is completely unfair. You can lose the warfront and get more favor than the winning team...lawl. You can go AFK and still get the same amount as people who are actually trying!?!?!?!?
    Maybe points should be awarded per participation... for example the more damage you do, or the most kills, or the more healing you do... I don't know but to allow people to get Prestige 5, 6, 7 and 8 and never really do a thing is ridiculous. It is just a matter of time spent in warfronts. People have no incentive to even try in warfronts. They know they will still get the favor and prestige.
    PLease Trion change this!!!!!
    You're asking for it to be rolled back to the old way. The old way sucked. The new way let's people afk or be useless, but it is still better than the old way. Currently everyone gets points for every kill in the warfront. This works best because healers used to get screwed on favor. Also people doing objectives got screwed.

The only thing I would add to the current system is a 0 favor debuff if you don't leave spawn.

So they can leave spawn and go stand somewhere else? I do not see how this is a fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatalflaw View Post
    You're asking for it to be rolled back to the old way. The old way sucked. The new way let's people afk or be useless, but it is still better than the old way. Currently everyone gets points for every kill in the warfront. This works best because healers used to get screwed on favor. Also people doing objectives got screwed.

The only thing I would add to the current system is a 0 favor debuff if you don't leave spawn.

This... Also to add, you said "Maybe points should be awarded per participation... for example the more damage you do, or the most kills, or the more healing you do" Well A.) The most kills - ALREADY does get the most favor. The most damage/heals is generally achieved by the higher rank. Meaning the lower ranks would suffer tremendously. Moving back to the original point, the most participation is generally the team that DOES the most Damage,Heals - which gets the kills and that = favor. I understand you're upset about people going AFK in WF's. I still would say the system now is a very fair way to both parties.

Although it does suck that people who AFK pretty much still get favor and prestige, it is more "fair" overall. Now healers, people who don't get killing blows, defend and don't cap flags, will still get rewarded instead of it being a rush for killing blows or whatever.

Also if people don't get any favor and prestige even when losing, people aren't going to stay in a losing warfront then. New players also won't do them because they will rarely win and won't be able to gear up.

Rift Disciple

Yeah, no offense, but the favor and prestige (then the gear) really isn't intended to be the reward. The reward is supposed to be the fun, competition, and hopefully victory. If the only sense of reward you get out of an RPG is the shiny stuff you wear on your character, you should try secondlife.com. Tons of shinies to wear there.

+ Reply to Thread