+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Suggestion for rep / prestige

Default Suggestion for rep / prestige

Hello i was wondering if the devs would add a feature that allows us at lvl 50 to make rep or prestige bars take the place of the maxed out XP bar. i dont know how others feel about adding this feature.. how does the community feel about this if they did? Ne who happy gamming all.

long live Rift !!!
    Im a little dark rain cloud hovering here over the honey tree, for every one knows a rain cloud wont eat honey not a drip.

I think that they might be replacing it with their soon-to-come AA feature, but I don't know for sure.

A more versatile idea might be interchangeable bars, similar to how your main hotkey bar scrolls. That'd be nifty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireforge View Post
    Your patience is completely unnecessary in this matter. You put a quarter in the machine and you need your gumball. It's cool.
    Your "Likes" fuel me.
    E . ` ' / . F
    Selling 1.4 Crafting Components. X-Shard Delivery Available.

Quote Originally Posted by Dereth View Post
    I think that they might be replacing it with their soon-to-come AA feature, but I don't know for sure.

A more versatile idea might be interchangeable bars, similar to how your main hotkey bar scrolls. That'd be nifty.
    AA feature?
    Im a little dark rain cloud hovering here over the honey tree, for every one knows a rain cloud wont eat honey not a drip.

Quote Originally Posted by Amberarrow View Post
    AA feature?
    Alternate Advancement
    Your patience is completely unnecessary in this matter. You put a quarter in the machine and you need your gumball. It's cool.
    Your "Likes" fuel me.
    E . ` ' / . F

Shield of Telara

I'm sure they'll eventually raise the level cap and that XP bar will move again. With AA we can still make some progress at 50 but I'm not sure if the XP bar will be used for it.

Alternate Advancement
    What kind of alternate advancement will they be adding too the game?

What kind of alternate advancement will they be adding too the game?
    'Tis a great mystery at this point.

Like post-it notes. Nobody's really sure how they stick.
    Your "Likes" fuel me.
    E . ` ' / . F

'Tis a great mystery at this point.

Like post-it notes. Nobody's really sure how they stick.
    with Honey and love there now you know lol

with Honey and love there now you know lol
    Honey + love = MAGIC?

What hath God wrought.
    Your "Likes" fuel me.
    E . ` ' / . F

I'd love to see a real reputation/faction system instead of the sad excuse for gerbil wheels that MMOs seem to disguise them as now.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexille View Post
    I'd love to see a real reputation/faction system instead of the sad excuse for gerbil wheels that MMOs seem to disguise them as now.
    Something like Fable's might be fun.
    Your "Likes" fuel me.
    E . ` ' / . F

Any suggestions how you would like it improved?

Any suggestions how you would like it improved?
    Make it meaningful, to start.

Right now reputation is just a cover story for gerbil wheel grinds for trinkets, shinies and achievements.

A REAL faction system would mean consequences for advancing one faction over another.

Reputation goes up with one/more, it goes down with one/more. Those changes tie into the ability of where you can go, what content you have access to, etc.

The problem is Rift (like WoW) uses an "on the rails" open content approach. They need to be able to crank out "generic" content quickly and cheaply. Real faction system would require time/effort and the target playerbase for games like Rift/WoW is more interested in instant gratification.

Make it meaningful, to start.

Right now reputation is just a cover story for gerbil wheel grinds for trinkets, shinies and achievements.

A REAL faction system would mean consequences for advancing one faction over another.

Reputation goes up with one/more, it goes down with one/more. Those changes tie into the ability of where you can go, what content you have access to, etc.

The problem is Rift (like WoW) uses an "on the rails" open content approach. They need to be able to crank out "generic" content quickly and cheaply. Real faction system would require time/effort and the target playerbase for games like Rift/WoW is more interested in instant gratification.
    You mean kinda like the scryers faction in Shaterath city hateing the aldor faction and if were hated with the oposing faction they will attack us. kinda like that you mean?

You mean kinda like the scryers faction in Shaterath city hateing the aldor faction and if were hated with the oposing faction they will attack us. kinda like that you mean?
    Well that's a very minimal implementation but it would be a start.

A real faction system would have a "web" of impacts - more than Kill A, B hates you...

It will also have direct impacts on content availability, cities with KoS, etc.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast