+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Music..

Default Music..

I absolutely love the music in Sanctum and other areas. There is one problem: There isn't enough! Nor is there an option for looping or changing music options. There is nothing like sitting in Sanctum with no music unless you actually walk into the big building. That's a nice thing about Meridian; when you approach the city the music starts right away. It adds a lot to the game for me. Just my 2 cents....
    Last edited by Shaddaim; 08-08-2011 at 01:51 PM.
    If you power level through the game in a month, you deserve to be bored. Slow down, enjoy all the story, and learn the game's wonderful lore. You'll be in for a much better experience.

Rift Disciple

Yeah... I like the music to Sanctum as well, it's too bad most of the music in this game is so quiet, even when you turn it up to max and all other volumes to low.

Yeah, it's not like the music sucks, it's VERY good if you listen. Also, I looked up the music on YouTube and found out that the Rift Theme and Sanctum Themes are much longer. I'm just asking for the OPTION of hearing more and louder.
    If you power level through the game in a month, you deserve to be bored. Slow down, enjoy all the story, and learn the game's wonderful lore. You'll be in for a much better experience.

The music in Rift is fantastic.
    Always two there are, a master and an apprentice.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Solazule View Post
    The music in Rift is fantastic.
    Yes! this post needs more attention! Music makes the game play experience much better! I want rift to be a pleasurable listening experience as well as visual!

The music is very mishandled in this game.

1)You don't have an option to loop.
    2)You don't have an option to mute separately the zone music and combat music (especially the combat music, as it can often suck).
    3)The volumes are way out of wack. With default sound levels on, you can barely hear the zone music at ALL, so I have to make other effects as 50ish, and the music at 100, and crank up my computer volume, just to hear the music properly.

WTF.

Yes, I have been sending Trion feedback and suggesting this for ages.

The music doesn't loop and it's on for a very short time then stops. It should feel like an immersive long piece that lets you get into the atmosphere and if you don't like it, you can turn off loop or turn off music and listen to itunes.

They really mismanaged the whole music thing which is a shame.

I agree that the music is fantastic. I'm not sure why the music has been so chopped up and quieted. It's like having an incredible painting and then putting it behind a curtain.

Soulwalker

still cant loop the music, also how can i shut my Valmera up? and turn off the sound it makes when it runs and jumps?

Ascendant

some of the music is absolutely great, some not so impressive.

The music is great, and I agree it's underused. I would love some expansion to the soundtrack with battle themes and music in certain cut scenes.

It would be nice if they added a trion music player where you could set the music to change with each zone, or pick a track at random, or choose a track manually.

Ya...we need a loop music option. Sick of having to run music in the background.

I like a lot of the music in game also, especially the creepy Gloamwood themes. An option to loop music continuously would be nice. I miss the music I heard in the opening zone for the Guardians, it was an "old school RPG" style piece, I wish it were played somewhere else in game.

Rift Disciple

I love the music. Hell, I love it when I walk up to a rift, and it does that "baddudum *click*" intro. Very Battlestar Galactica (Revisited) -esque. Just wish I could go into the folder, and put it on my droid so I can get all prepped for dealing with rifts and invasions during the day (errr, "get ready to sit on my arse and do my job at work").
    Last edited by Krodd_Mandoon; 11-07-2011 at 11:29 AM.
    FNDYEGASODFFGHUJKCKLKQWYERZOTYZUUIROPSZXECVLBNFMTR ION. Okay? Thanks. Find something better to police than someone's forum signature.

+ Reply to Thread