+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Suggestion: Servers with age ranges!

Default Suggestion: Servers with age ranges!

I can't tell you how sick I am of the childish "you suck, I don't want to play with you anymore" attitude in this game and every other MMO I've ever played. I can't even tell you how many times I've been in a group and one or a bunch of elitist kids start crying "you suck" followed by a boot from the group because of a single bad pull. "It's the tank's fault, get outta here loser", "It's the healer's fault, I hate you", "It's dps fault, go kill yourself" boot, boot, boot. Let's face it kids, dungeon runs are a collaborative effort, it's not always one person's fault. In fact it's often the fault of the child spreading so much hate just as much as it is the person getting kicked. I've been on the receiving end of this and I've also had to sit and watch every other player get kicked from my group over and over while I'm just trying to complete the objective and enjoy myself. Imagine how much quicker a dungeon run would be if you just realized that sometimes... just maybe... you might die. Suck it up, move on. Don't cry and scream how terrible someone else is and then sit and wait another 20 minutes for a damn replacement. What a f**king joke.

Trion, if you want to keep adding new, original ideas to set you apart from the rest, please, PLEEAASE give us the option of a server with an age range on it. People like the ones I mentioned ruin the gaming experience for many, and there are a lot of more mature players that don't want to deal with sh*t like this from the younger crowd. Setting age restrictions on select servers would allow a large group of people to have a place to play where they can enjoy the game with other people like them and not have to deal with the ridiculously low maturity level. The kiddies can have their own playground.

I'm sure my message will be responded to with the same kind of crap that I was talking and there will be many more trolling people telling me what a terrible idea it is and why I'm an idiot than there will be agreeing with me, but there are a lot of people that feel the same why I do.

Would be great - but there is no way of verifying whether an account holder was a certain age and even if there was, parents would just sign up for their cretinous offspring anyway...

I know what you mean, though... I would love a way to filter out rude and obnoxious idiots
    Last edited by AnterosJ; 08-08-2011 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Spelling

Shouldn't this be in the, you know....suggestion forums?

Aside from that, I think you will find many of the people that whine the most are indeed adults, some long in the tooth.

Separation by age will solve nothing as there are numerous exceptions on both sides of the mature/immature fence.

This idea has been brought up since, well forever and has yet to be implemented by any developer. Most likely because they have no realistic way to enforce such as rule set.

Soulwalker

The problem itself isn't just a person's age. I've known many "adults" who simply acted like immature throwbacks simply because they can. I've also known several youngsters who acted much more mature than their age would typically indicate. The real issue here is that there is no way to hold anyone accountable for their actions. There are no consequences to treating someone like crap. Creating a server that had age restrictions has been suggested on nearly every MMO game forum, and even some game forums that were not MMOs. Unfortunately, there is nothing Trion can readily due to decrease the amount of immature folks who play.

Default No ... but how about "Servers for those with articulate concise thoughts?"

Question from the Dark Side!!!

Haceldama

Quote Originally Posted by MoralPervesn View Post
    Trion, if you want to keep adding new, original ideas to set you apart from the rest, please, PLEEAASE give us the option of a server with an age range on it. People like the ones I mentioned ruin the gaming experience for many, and there are a lot of more mature players that don't want to deal with sh*t like this from the younger crowd. Setting age restrictions on select servers would allow a large group of people to have a place to play where they can enjoy the game with other people like them and not have to deal with the ridiculously low maturity level. The kiddies can have their own playground.

Trion can't make servers based on maturity as no one would be playing defiant.

Plane Walker

because there is no reward for good behaviour.

I definitely agree with you guys and I don't mean to offend the younger players that are mature and do act civil. I know there are also many immature people my own age and also many younger people who don't act this way, I also agree there is no way to enforce this, but it wouldn't necessarily HAVE to be enforced. Just more of a suggestion to provide the option of a better experience for those who seek it. Sh*t, younger kids who want t get away from this kind of crap could even go to the higher age range servers if they wanted to and thought they might get along with people better over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    Trion can't make servers based on maturity as no one would be playing defiant.
    Lol I am defiant

Plane Touched

Most of the crap I see in game is from people 30+ Age has nothing to do with it.

Lol I am defiant
    My condolences.

Quote Originally Posted by Drillo View Post
    Most of the crap I see in game is from people 30+ Age has nothing to do with it.
    This. Immaturity knows no age limit.
    Rules do not exist to bind us. They exist so you may know your freedoms.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    I agree
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW_Lv0r-l4c

For some reason he was playing horde in wow. Who would have thought ?

Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    You've explained everything i wanted to with this phrase.

Ascendant

*snip* Just more of a suggestion to provide the option of a better experience for those who seek it. Sh*t, younger kids who want t get away from this kind of crap could even go to the higher age range servers if they wanted to and thought they might get along with people better over there.
    What would stop anyone from going to the "civil" server just to stir up trouble. Or maybe they want to be on the server for all the right reasons but they have a bad day.. Or they act as saint-like as possible, but because the general population is now also saint-like, their good behaviour doesn't stand up against the Great behaviour and they still look like the animal, even though on any other server they would be considered mister nice guy.

I think this is optimistic thinking. Too hard to police. We have our ignore buttons. If you don't like someone, ignore them and never be at risk for the random group up again. Find a good mature group in a guild and stick with them. Many more police-able options than a seperat shard.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast