+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Water Saga / Access to small group content.

  1. #1
    Telaran Pebblebiter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    70

    Default Water Saga / Access to small group content.

    I am in a small guild, it is a small guild by choice, just me and two friends that wanted to try the game out, have a laugh and some fun.

    The water saga quest was advertised as a solo or small group chain, which would have been great for me and my friends to do. Some more interesting content with some reasonable rewards upon completion.

    The problem I find is that you have to have completed the Abyssal Precipice first, which makes this new content unreachable, is it possible to complete AP with three players, from all reports the answer to that would be no.

    What is the point of putting solo or small group content at the end of a 5 man instance... you might as well have stuck it at the end of a 20 person raid and had done.

    Your asking why we do not use the lfg panel, well bad experiences from previous games, pikers, ninja's and general noobs (not saying were leet or anything but least we have morals and wont quit if things start to get bad)

    Can you please either develop some epic content for small groups/small guilds or make an alternative way of unlocking the smaller group content.

    Thank you pumpkin ;)

  2. #2
    Ascendant TheDrizzle404's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,755

    Default

    i have to agree. its not really solo content if you have to use a group to get to it first.

  3. #3
    Ascendant Anuhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6,003

    Default

    Double post
    Last edited by Anuhart; 08-08-2011 at 11:44 AM.

  4. #4
    Ascendant Anuhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6,003

    Default

    Just another facepalm. I expect them now.

    What the reason behind putting the requirement as doing a dungeon for a chain which is purposely made to not require dungeons I just don't know. But I have got a suspicion.

    Reminds me of finding a clue and following it, clue to clue, all over Telara only to be stuck as the clue was a follow on from a dungeon quest. Seriously what a poor design.

    And these stupid forum double posts don't help.
    Last edited by Anuhart; 08-08-2011 at 11:43 AM.

  5. #5
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pebblebiter View Post
    I am in a small guild, it is a small guild by choice, just me and two friends that wanted to try the game out, have a laugh and some fun.

    The water saga quest was advertised as a solo or small group chain, which would have been great for me and my friends to do. Some more interesting content with some reasonable rewards upon completion.

    The problem I find is that you have to have completed the Abyssal Precipice first, which makes this new content unreachable, is it possible to complete AP with three players, from all reports the answer to that would be no.

    What is the point of putting solo or small group content at the end of a 5 man instance... you might as well have stuck it at the end of a 20 person raid and had done.

    Your asking why we do not use the lfg panel, well bad experiences from previous games, pikers, ninja's and general noobs (not saying were leet or anything but least we have morals and wont quit if things start to get bad)

    Can you please either develop some epic content for small groups/small guilds or make an alternative way of unlocking the smaller group content.

    Thank you pumpkin ;)
    well they introduced it at the same time as the x-shard LFG rool, so see it as an incentive to try out the tool

  6. #6
    Plane Walker Raimla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    429

    Default

    I was surprised that dungeons were required for the quest chain after the way they promoted the Saga quest in the patch notes as well. But it is unlikely that is going to change now. However, below my experience and take on it.

    We did AP with 3 people. So yeah it is doable depending on gear (we ran with a tank who is geared for T2, me as healer geared from T2 ready to start raiding and a DPS). Not sure if you considered doing normal AP instead of expert. However, if you are not geared for it due to being in the small guild and never doing a dungeon you might need a few more. I do expect you will hit a harder wall when you have to kill the first boss in expert Realm of the Fae later on in the chain.

    I can understand your hesistance to use the LFG tool as I have the same attitude towards. However if you go in with the idea of just getting the quest done and don't worry too much about the pixels dropping being ninja'd, it shouldn't frustrate you too much. An alternative is to ask in lvl 50 chat of your shard who is on the quest and get it done together with those players. Atleast they are from the same shard an will join for the same reason, to get the quest done.
    Last edited by Raimla; 08-09-2011 at 01:17 AM.

  7. #7
    Plane Walker Raimla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDrizzle404 View Post
    i have to agree. its not really solo content if you have to use a group to get to it first.
    They never said it was going to be solo content. They said partly solo and partly for small groups. Now we can discuss what small groups are.

  8. #8
    Ascendant Anuhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raimla View Post
    They never said it was going to be solo content. They said partly solo and partly for small groups. Now we can discuss what small groups are.
    Well actually they said * The Water Saga is intended for higher-level characters in solo and small groups. You don't need to raid to complete it though you may need to bring some friends for some portions.

    Solo and small groups, which doesn't exactly say both, it could have been taken as either or.

    More so with the * may need to bring some friends. Remember Trion says a normal rift NEEDS a full group to get to unstable, when we know they are soloable easily, going on that you could easily take MAY NEED as not a requirement.
    Last edited by Anuhart; 08-09-2011 at 07:20 AM.

  9. #9
    Plane Walker Raimla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anuhart View Post
    Well actually they said * The Water Saga is intended for higher-level characters in solo and small groups. You don't need to raid to complete it though you may need to bring some friends for some portions.

    Solo and small groups, which doesn't exactly say both, it could have been taken as either or.

    More so with the * may need to bring some friends. Remember Trion says a normal rift NEEDS a full group to get to unstable, when we know they are soloable easily, going on that you could easily take MAY NEED as not a requirement.
    We just happen to interpret the text differently. Which in itself is not a good thing that that is open to interpretation. It sais you don't need to raid (which is true) but I concluded from the text that you need to bring some friends. The more matter of fact they are about those notes the more accurate expectations they create amongst the playerbase, which is a win for both Trion and the players.

  10. #10
    Ascendant Anuhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raimla View Post
    We just happen to interpret the text differently. Which in itself is not a good thing that that is open to interpretation. It sais you don't need to raid (which is true) but I concluded from the text that you need to bring some friends. The more matter of fact they are about those notes the more accurate expectations they create amongst the playerbase, which is a win for both Trion and the players.
    Completely agree.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts