+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Core Gear Augmentations

Default Core Gear Augmentations

Hi everyone, was playing around last night and it suddenly dawned on me. I'd love to be able to (as the WoW players know it) socket my gear.

I thought up different bits that might be cool - opinions would be appreciated as always. ;)

Cores (your socket) can be purchased from PvP Vendors, and/or looted from bosses, or purchased from PvE Vendors. Where ever really. Artificers could create the cores, Runecrafters could create the augments.

There would be 4 types of core, each one allowing a different type of 'gem' (lets just call these gems 'augments' to keep with the Rift terminology) to go in;

Life Core: Provides slots for Life Augments.
    Death Core: Provides slots for Death Augments.
    Earth Core: Provides slots for Earth Augments.
    Water Core: Provides slots of Water Augments.

Now the bands of Augments and what they would alter.

Life Augments.

Life augments would affect Healing bonuses. A life core could have say, +XX Healing Bonus, decurse/purifiers could remove an extra debuff or put a HOT on the target as a chance on cast. Or something of that nature. But generally, life augments would effect healers.

Death Augments.

Death augments would effect damage. These could add XX Points of damage to your dots/bleeds, increase weapon damage, increase spell power/attack power or put a DOT on the target as a chance on hit.

Earth Augments.

Earth augments would effect tanks, damage mitigation or increases to toughness, block, parry, dodge, even valor. There could be a chance on block/parry/dodge to increase armor by XX, or whatever!

Water Augments.

Water augments would effect stats. +10/20/30/40/50 (or whatever) to endurance, attack power, crit, spell power, spell crit, wisdom, dex, intel, etc etc. Basically, just a stat modifier.

This could leave room for high end cores, maybe weapon attachments where you can add augments that add a chance on hit, or chance on cast, etc etc.

Cores would have level requirements, which would only allow certain levels of Augments to be attached. Such as, mini little dudey cores for peeps under say, level 20, which only allow (for example; using a water augment) - a +5 endurance/wisdom/intel/dex/str modifier augment. Scaling up, towards 50 where you could use the same type of augment, of say... 20 endurance, or whatever.

I think it would give the player base something different to work for, it would boost the use of the Auction House, materials to create the cores would be semi-rare, with a wide range of materials to required to create them. F.E: Tin Bar, Soft Leather, and something from salvaging cloth/leather could be used to create the lowest level core. So on and so forth in increments of levels, as to which materials would be used to create the higher end cores.

It would kind of get people who have all these professions, but hardly use them, to use them more often. It would even boost the supply and demand factor of the game. I think! :/

What do you think? Maybe something that is way down the line, could it be something that comes in the future? I dunno!

<3

you already sort of can with crafted gear, though not to an extreme extent. i think the point was to somewhat control stat stacking.

i dont really care too much for the socket gear wow introduced... i mean, it wasnt super bad, but it wasnt very nice either.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDrizzle404 View Post
    you already sort of can with crafted gear, though not to an extreme extent. i think the point was to somewhat control stat stacking.

i dont really care too much for the socket gear wow introduced... i mean, it wasnt super bad, but it wasnt very nice either.
    I think it's a great stat modifier... for example, an upgrade to that awesome chest piece you have, but wait, it has a little less dexterity than the one you have equipped, but no worries, you can augment it with a core attachment.

Stuff like that, even if you stat-stack, there's always going to be those folks that stack endurance, but get demolished equally as quick by someone (say a rogue) with dexterity stacked. It's just an idea to give further customization to your gear.

+ Reply to Thread