+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Demoriel

Thread: Mobile chat app

Soulwalker

Default Mobile chat app

So I'm sitting in a work truck for a 4 hour drive, bored, messing around in the android market, and wondering what my guildies are up to and it dawns on me... Why not have an app that accesses your guild chat, allows whispers, and maybe even the global chat channels? Maybe add something to the end of your character's name to show you're using the app and not actually in game ie: [Demo@DroidChat], the option to allow whispers only from guild mates, friends, or ppl you've whispered already (to help fight plat spammers) etc... I'm sure there are plenty of things you could add to it to make it a really great app. I just figured I'd give a quick little note on the idea and see if it would be of interest.

Edit: Another addition could be to have the ability to manage your in game mail, auctions, possibly tradeskills, edit soul trees etc...
    Last edited by Demoriel; 08-07-2011 at 11:49 PM.

Soulwalker

*bump*
    No coments at all? Nobody likes the idea of being able to check in on guild chat or see what friends may be up to while you're away from your pc?

I think it would be a pretty cool idea, very tough to implement though.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by xDuffvy View Post
    I think it would be a pretty cool idea, very tough to implement though.
    Depending on the features they decide to go with it could be, but i know Age of Conan has a chat app that allows you to access guild chat, friends list, and i believe a couple global chans as long as you have an active sub. Found it while i was looking to see if there was already anything like this for Rift.

I wouldn't mind this for Guild Chat and perhaps im to friends list or guildies but I dont want it to any global chat or receive any tell in game from someone who is non-guildie and/or on my friends list. I already receive enough plat spam already.

Soulwalker

WoW already has this as a paid thing, so it isnt unheard of. It is definatly nice to not be forced to sit at a computer all day just because you want to talk to guildies/friends, sometimes you wanna go out and do stuff AND talk to people.

Default +1

signed! def would be somethin to download

+ Reply to Thread