+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Fix so-called short-cuts in CC and AP

Exclamation Fix so-called short-cuts in CC and AP

Seriously. All you have to do is make a couple spots slippery. Problem solved.

gettin sick of all the groups making people take short cuts or be booted?

Pretty much. And I have yet to have one be faster because you can't guarantee everyone canp do it.

ya, that gets annoying. i used to tank in WoW, and people would start discussing whether or not we should skip mobs, and id just pull them. "by time you guys decide theyll be dead. i kill everything i can reach without going out of my way."

i dont think you can do that so easily in this game.

Trash mobs melt under the weight of even mediocre groups in RIFT. Shortcuts are hardly worth it, one person always ends up holding everyone back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    Damn it Liavy!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Liavy View Post
    Trash mobs melt under the weight of even mediocre groups in RIFT. Shortcuts are hardly worth it, one person always ends up holding everyone back.
    Caving in ensures that one person will hold everyone back, forever.
    There is always a skill they will lack, and this is not the appropriate reaction to a skill they lack.

Using the bypasses, and whether they save you time or not, is a matter of skill. Some have skill. Some want skill checks removed that they don't have.

Teach them how to do the bypass correctly, and it will soon become as common as knowing how the T2's go. I take all the bypass newbies through it. It's easy.
    Last edited by PFalcon; 08-08-2011 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PFalcon View Post
    Caving in ensures that one person will hold everyone back, forever.
    There is always a skill they will lack, and this is not the appropriate reaction to a skill they lack.

Using the bypasses, and whether they save you time or not, is a matter of skill. Some have skill. Some want skill checks removed that they don't have.

Teach them how to do the bypass correctly, and it will soon become as common as knowing how the T2's go. I take all the bypass newbies through it. It's easy.
    really? you consider the ability to skip mobs a skill? not only a skill, but one worth booting someone over if they fail at it?

... really?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDrizzle404 View Post
    really? you consider the ability to skip mobs a skill? not only a skill, but one worth booting someone over if they fail at it?

... really?
    Yeah, wow. That's seriously LOL worthy.

Rift Disciple

I think being awarded my daily random completion credit upon zoning in should be a skill. Please fix this, Trion.

Champion of Telara Silverangel69's Avatar

/signed, in my limited experience, this is just a source of conflict and frustration in groups.

Rift Disciple

I disagree with this. They call them trash mobs for a reason. Killing them is basically a waste of your time since they rarely drop anything worthwhile. I'd much rather take the shortcut to finish the instance that much faster and move on to the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by bridgeburner View Post
    I disagree with this. They call them trash mobs for a reason. Killing them is basically a waste of your time since they rarely drop anything worthwhile. I'd much rather take the shortcut to finish the instance that much faster and move on to the next one.
    you used the warp whistle a lot didnt you.

Rift Disciple

you used the warp whistle a lot didnt you.
    Completely different situation. And no. I played the levels. This situation is not skipping content that you've never done. This is skipping something so you don't have to do it over... and over... and over... and over ad infinitum as you grind the levels for gear.

Quote Originally Posted by bridgeburner View Post
    Completely different situation. And no. I played the levels. This situation is not skipping content that you've never done. This is skipping something so you don't have to do it over... and over... and over... and over ad infinitum as you grind the levels for gear.
    dah dah DAH... dah-dah-dahhhh.

... really?
    Someone has never heard of wall climbing.

Sarathor@Byriel Rank 7 Defiant Mage - retired
    Bonqueequee@Byriel Rank 1 Guardian Rogue

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast