+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rydeson

Thread: Make self buffs immume to cleanse.

Telaran

Lightbulb Make self buffs immume to cleanse.

As a Rogue I know some self buffs are vital to your class. If someone strips my weapon poisons I am useless. I am sure this must be true with other classes as well. Rift has gone over board with the deuffs.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rostan View Post
    As a Rogue I know some self buffs are vital to your class. If someone strips my weapon poisons I am useless. I am sure this must be true with other classes as well. Rift has gone over board with the deuffs.
    Why should buffs not be debuffed? That is like asking for max offense damage and IGNORE any armor defenses.. ??

Isn't that the point?

Buffs are buffs and they BUFF you to make you better, or in the poison's case, they are vital to your extra DPS and whatnot. And enemy sees this, and your weakness is that without those buffs, you do a lot less damage or whatever...so...doesn't it make sense that the enemy would want to remove those buffs to make it easier to down you?

Seems like a good tactic to me.

Plane Walker

I agree that some buff should be uncleansible (non even close to a majority though). I also think eradicate needs a CD or cast time.

A single rogue with eradicate can completely destroy some classes that are dependent on buffs, like justicar.

Telaran

Thumbs down It's not tatics if only 1 out of 3 are punished.

Quote Originally Posted by KnirpsLyn View Post
    Isn't that the point?

Buffs are buffs and they BUFF you to make you better, or in the poison's case, they are vital to your extra DPS and whatnot. And enemy sees this, and your weakness is that without those buffs, you do a lot less damage or whatever...so...doesn't it make sense that the enemy would want to remove those buffs to make it easier to down you?

Seems like a good tactic to me.
    Then why not make it so cleircs can not heal unless buffed and warriors have no armor unless buff and mages can't cast spells unless buffed? The problem is onky the Rogue is exteemely dependant on buffs. A riftstalker is not a tank unless buffed. All an Assassins attacks are based off there weapon poisons. Why is it fair to allow you to cast a spell that wipes the poison off my daggers? Can you cast a spell to make a warrior tank not a tank? Or that replaces his two-hander with a dagher?

What about weapon runes like the weighstone why not let that be removed with a spell or a spell that removes all the armor ruins?

Its not tactics if only 1 out of 3 classes is punished by it. Thats called unbalanced.

Then why not make it so cleircs can not heal unless buffed and warriors have no armor unless buff and mages can't cast spells unless buffed? The problem is onky the Rogue is exteemely dependant on buffs. A riftstalker is not a tank unless buffed. All an Assassins attacks are based off there weapon poisons. Why is it fair to allow you to cast a spell that wipes the poison off my daggers? Can you cast a spell to make a warrior tank not a tank? Or that replaces his two-hander with a dagher?

What about weapon runes like the weighstone why not let that be removed with a spell or a spell that removes all the armor ruins?

Its not tactics if only 1 out of 3 classes is punished by it. Thats called unbalanced.
    No. That is called tactics.

Purging is the tactic to defeat your class.

The tactic to defeat warriors is magical damage and bleeds, or poison. The tactic to beating clerics is Lingering Wounds and other healing debuffs. The tactics to defeat mages is physical damage and snares to close in on them in melee.

Each soul, each class, and each role has a set of tactics to defeat them. That is the very raw essence of tactics: The way you combat a specific enemy.
    127% of internet statistics are made up on the spot.

Never trust obscure quotes from famous people on the internet. -George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Adebar View Post

The tactic to defeat warriors is magical damage and bleeds, or poison. The tactic to beating clerics is Lingering Wounds and other healing debuffs. The tactics to defeat mages is physical damage and snares to close in on them in melee.

Each soul, each class, and each role has a set of tactics to defeat them. That is the very raw essence of tactics: The way you combat a specific enemy.
    This .

Telaran

Thumbs down You are not making sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Adebar View Post

So the Tactic to beat Rogues is to take away the little bit of damage they had. I guess you could do that but they are squishy so why not kill them/

Tactic to defeat warriors is bleeds, or poisons. One can't do that have no poisons they got striped. Two even when buffed I can't do the damage a warrior can and bleeds are quite weak in this game. And I don't have magic damage I am a Rogue.

The tactic to kill rogues is break their stealth and kill them.

Stripping a players buffs is not a tactic specific to any class. Marksman Rogues don't need the buffs the tactic to killing them is the same as any ranged if you are melee you root them. If you are ranged you try to kill them.

The fact that melee rogues are hurt more than any other class by stripping buffs is just part of how they are a broke class.

So the Tactic to beat Rogues is to take away the little bit of damage they had. I guess you could do that but they are squishy so why not kill them/

Tactic to defeat warriors is bleeds, or poisons. One can't do that have no poisons they got striped. Two even when buffed I can't do the damage a warrior can and bleeds are quite weak in this game. And I don't have magic damage I am a Rogue.

The tactic to kill rogues is break their stealth and kill them.

Stripping a players buffs is not a tactic specific to any class. Marksman Rogues don't need the buffs the tactic to killing them is the same as any ranged if you are melee you root them. If you are ranged you try to kill them.

The fact that melee rogues are hurt more than any other class by stripping buffs is just part of how they are a broke class.
    The fact that melee rogues are hurt more than any other class by stripping buffs is their weakness.

They have stuns, incapacitates, blinds, dodge, stealth, and mobility.

Every class has a weakness, and utilizing that weakness is using tactics. Rogues have several utilities to easily beat every other class, they just have to use them. Every class can do that, you just have to know your own class and your enemy's class.

That is tactics. Not doing the same thing for every enemy you come across. That's zerging/blitzkreiging. And it NEVER works, unless you have very superior gear or your enemy is hurt already.

If somebody removes their poisons, they're fighting you the right way. Retaliating and use interrupts and stuns if they're a cleric or mage, and throw all your bleeds and DoTs on them if they're a warrior. And Rogues DO have magic damage, Nightblades, Riftstalkers, Marksmen, and one or two more have several magic abilities.

No soul is undefeatable. Each soul has it's own nemesis that is BUILT to be able to beat them.
    127% of internet statistics are made up on the spot.

Never trust obscure quotes from famous people on the internet. -George Washington

Plane Walker

Then why not make it so cleircs can not heal unless buffed
    Rogues are the only ones hurt by losing buffs? Here's a few cleric souls that are dependent on their buffs:

Warden: All heals are HoT
    Justicar: If you remove a single buff, you either make them lose 60% survivability, or all healing.
    Cabalist: All base attacks are based on the decay buff which generates lurking decays, needed to fight
    Purifier: Basically sentinel but extremely gimped without buffs.

You need to learn about other classes before you start yelling off random facts that you don't even know if are true.
    Last edited by Alarox; 08-07-2011 at 02:12 PM.

I like that there are tactics and strategy in pvp.

+ Reply to Thread