+ Reply to Thread

Thread: making everyone a little more polyvalent adding a new soul tree per class.

Default making everyone a little more polyvalent adding a new soul tree per class.

the title says it all. I adore the RIFT's class system and how it gives plenty of freedom to the players to create something interresting. I however think everyone should be able to do almost everything.

as a Cleric, it's almost wish exhausted, I can tank, Melee DPS, Ranged DPS and Heal. but someone like the Warrior can... Tank and Melee DPS... that pretty sucks for it. When a certain type of boss fight requires to stay away from the boss for a certain amount of time, the Warrior can only don't give a crap and get beaten or obey and not DPSing...

the Warrior should have a kind of Musketeer class, based on an archer archetype, allowing to do some unique target ranged DPS.

the Mage requires a tank spec. this I have two idea : a transformation based soul like Morrigan in Dragon Age Origins, or a Warmage archetype, swapping the mage's main stats into tank stats, and giving him the passive ability to use some 2 handed weapons.

the Cleric should receive a little boost on the assist role, creating a soul tree giving... what else ? More battle buffs for everyone.

the Rogue should be able to do some better AoE heals. I'd base this soul tree on alcools, the rogue healing his companions through the use of alcool.

Quote Originally Posted by Haristo View Post
    the title says it all. I adore the RIFT's class system and how it gives plenty of freedom to the players to create something interresting. I however think everyone should be able to do almost everything.
    I think Trion just needs to turn Warlord into a True Support soul and the game would be balanced enough. I don't want all the callings homogenized.

Warrior - A very unique kind of healing soul. Medic!!!! (? hmm?) May involve moving from one player to another in order to 'medpack' them, so it shouldn't be used as an AOE healer, but still very effective as a single target healer. 'Off-healer'

Cleric - No idea.

Rogue - Healer.

Mage - 'Tanker', again, in a unique way. Likely involving various magical protections/shields to nullify/reduce damage that would otherwise KO them, and mind controlling enemies to attack them (aka taunting). 'Off-tanker'

+ Reply to Thread